Is it possible to replace a bonneville headlight with a scrambler one?

Hey y'all,
Wondering if I can swap out the headlight bucket on my '04 Bonneville with the smaller, black Scrambler bucket without having to to change out the mounting ear set up. Trying to get a smaller, black headlight to tone down some of the chrome on the front of my bike. Thanks.

sure, but it's gonna cost you a lot of money to buy that headlight from Triumph. There are lots of cheaper options out there. I mounted a 5-3/4" headlight on my bike that I bought from ebay for about $20. I made my own brackets, but you could probably use your stock brackets. Just look for a side mount headlight. To use a clean small headlight you will have to move/relocate a lot of the wires that are inside the bigass stock headlight. Not a big deal but if you're afraid of wiring it can be a little intimidating.

DSCN0461.jpg

Nice bike! that's exactly the look I'm going for. What if I found a used one here? Will it just swap out if I bend the brackets a little? Thanks for the reply.

Oh, and how did you get to that point with the rear fender? Is that a chop or a FEK? Thanks for all the info.

GuyM

Street Tracker
Be aware though, that the Scrambler headlight doesn't exactly put out a lot of light. It's okay - but that's all...

curezee

Street Tracker
I agree it looks good, but if you are going to be doing any night riding I would seriously consider other options. The stock Scrambler light is junk with any bulb. I am not sure what the replacement bucket's output is like, so I am just commenting on the stock Scrambler bucket. Interesting idea though as I have seen many people want to replace the Scrambler stock light with a bigger one like that on a Thrux or Bonnie for better output. Anyhow my 2¢.

Last edited:

strokerlmt

catch.......the posters are correct the lite DOES NOT put out a lot. I don't ride much at night so it didn't bother me but that is a consideration...
LMT

GuyM

Street Tracker
Did about 70 miles late one night, coming out from a camp site on the Scram. All dirt road and two-lane forest-service then county roads. Not a single streetlight along the way. No shoulder. Rarely any lines painted on the pavement. Deer along the way. It didn't seem so bad when I'd gone in during daylight! With the poor little Scrambler light - it wasn't much fun. Besides, it was cold and scary out there in the forest at night!

D9

Vendor
TC... that looks good, what lamp/reflector did you go with, or did the stock lamp
plug right in?

sportyone

Street Tracker
sure, but it's gonna cost you a lot of money to buy that headlight from Triumph. There are lots of cheaper options out there. I mounted a 5-3/4" headlight on my bike that I bought from ebay for about $20. I made my own brackets, but you could probably use your stock brackets. Just look for a side mount headlight. To use a clean small headlight you will have to move/relocate a lot of the wires that are inside the bigass stock headlight. Not a big deal but if you're afraid of wiring it can be a little intimidating.

DSCN0461.jpg

nice idea & setup,
but don't like your gaitors, what wrong with them ? :huh:

strokerlmt

Catch.....hear is the light...PM me if you want it...
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpg
    IMG_0924.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0927.jpg