windjammer on a bonnie

Skeeter

Rocker
my dad has one of these on an old GS, and theyre uuuugly but on a bonnie theyre even worst
found on the local craigslist
http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/2860454853.html
wind.png

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Even worst? I actually like it, in a 'retro' kinda way. Now I'd never put anything like that on mine, but I don't hate it either.

I'm gonna step out of character for a moment here, and say that I totally love it. It's great, in an ugly '70s fab kinda way. I'd rock the hell out of that.

My old man had a WJ fairing on his '79 KZ1000, and he said it really improved the bike. There's a picture of me sitting on it when I was just a newborn (I was born in 1980).

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I don't want in on my Bonnies but it does fit on our bike in a retro kind of way; I'll slap myself later for it but I like it!

strokerlmt

I'm gonna step out of character for a moment here, and say that I totally love it. It's great, in an ugly '70s fab kinda way. I'd rock the hell out of that.

My old man had a WJ fairing on his '79 KZ1000, and he said it really improved the bike. There's a picture of me sitting on it when I was just a newborn (I was born in 1980).

Jeff....I know you quit drinkin for awhile and lost a bunch of weight BUT you must be subbing magic shrummmms for beer if you think that is good lookin.
LMT

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Now that bike is truly retro. Sporting a 'jammer and a sissy bar. That guy truly did re-live his wasted youth on that bike.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't look truly out of place either.

Skeeter

Rocker
its just funny to see it on a new bonnie

my dad has the matchin hard saddle bags for his GS1000, its geeky

DandyDoug

750cc
Ya'll need to be careful about casting dispersions upon another mans motorcycle, he make think the same of your wife or daughter.

By the way, there is a guy who sometimes shows up at NTBF rally's on his Windammer fairing mounted long distance riding "new" Bonneville. He has gone so far as to add an auxilary fuel tank and has ridden that bike more miles than many of you will ever achieve , probably in your lifetime.

If you could see the engineering it takes to mount that fairing ( which works exceptionally well for its intended purpose) you might re think your opinion of the looks.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I agree and I keep going back to your photo and it DOES fit on that bike. Craig Vetter would be proud!!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Ugly is ugly. It's visually too big for that bike.

"Sissy bars" are an old cliche, I suppose they aren't that bad, but I associate them with old cheap customizing of bikes.

LoVel

Two Stroke
I stand by my original statement.

Sweat if you want one that bad I will sell you the one I pulled off of my 72 CB 500four.

After you mount it on your Bonnie you can post up some pictures. Of course you are paying shipping also.