Wifes T120 getting workwize.

If anyone is interested, this is the answer I got from my dealership regarding the chain adjuster seemingly out of adjustment.

Bob,
Liz forwarded me your email. All of our T120's are just like this. There is still room to adjust the chain. I even spoke with Triumph about it. That is how the bike was designed. It doesn't take more than an 1/8 to1/4 turn on the adjuster to tighten the chain when it needs it.
Triumph has been getting many calls about this, especially since people are putting it on the internet as a problem. If you do have any troubles when you adjust it bring it in and we can check it out for you.

Thanks,

All is good,.........I guess........

Maybe they wanted a longer wheelbase. LOL
Seems like a mistake to me and a lame response.

M

The chain length seems very odd to me although X-ring chains don't need but a couple adjustments in the life of the chain if lubed at decent intervals. On multi-day trips I lube the chain after pulling in for the night. I use a product called http://dumondetech.com/
Yes, its bicycle chain lube and it only requires a tick of oil on each roller. It creeps into the X-ring area of the chain and also keeps the sprocket to rollers lubed as well. I've been using this product for over 20 years and average about 25 thousand miles of chain life. The bottles are small so they fit almost anywhere. One bottle lasts me with the both of us using it and multiple bikes about 2 years.

I don't know how I got onto the chain lube subject. Just my 2 cents.