Whats the best sounding bike

rodburner

Rocker
This little bobber had a pleasing tone..
Dadsbikepics1897.jpg

Dadsbikepics1899.jpg

but for casually,boner producing bump,its hard to beat a clean Yamaha V-Max with a tidy 4-2-4 custom exhaust.

cant beat the sound IMO of the Meridan tigers and Bons. But the closest to that throaty sound to me is the Norman Hyde Aftermarkets. Damn wish I had got them instead of Triumph aftermarkets

koifarm

Hooligan
Ain't nothing like a wide open throttle going through a set of TT pipes.....now THATS a sound that will bring goosebumps to anyone!!!!

Dave

Street Tracker
Ain't nothing like a wide open throttle going through a set of TT pipes.....now THATS a sound that will bring goosebumps to anyone!!!!

yeah, my boss has a '67 (I think) BSA with TT pipes, and it sounds really good!

but for casually,boner producing bump,its hard to beat a clean Yamaha V-Max with a tidy 4-2-4 custom exhaust.

I'm with ya there Steve, a Vmax can sound pretty damn mean.

There are so many sweet sounding bikes it's hard to pick a favorite. My favorite memory of good bike sounds I've heard in person was a Ducati Riders group all arriving en mass to a race I attended out in Bryan. There must have been a dozen or more, all with Termis growling and clutches chattering together. What a cacophony!

I also love the sound of a wide open Harley idling with a big fat prostreet 3" open primary belt whining like a supercharger.

A group of Bonnies riding together also sounds good, esp when the tones match up.

I heard a Desmosedici (sp?) with race exhaust fire up indoors, I've never almost had an orgasm and soiled myself at the same time...it was that cool/scary!

Bonafide

NBR founder
I heard a Desmosedici (sp?) with race exhaust fire up indoors, I've never almost had an orgasm and soiled myself at the same time...it was that cool/scary!

The Barber Motorcycle museum has a VRod drag race bike ... seems like they fire it up daily, rev the shit out of it, then shut it off. It's located on the bottom floor of their 5 story museum that open all the way up ... beside scary the bejesus out of you if you're experiencing for the first time, it's hell of a earth shattering coolness.

northcountry

Two Stroke
nitro burners

The nitro burners on the pro hillclimb circut were always a treat. Glen kyles amer. eagle, earl bowlbys bsa, lou grencers hd's. All music to the ears.

T

tattooedcouple

this was awesome..national trails raceway near columbus ohio

Last edited:

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
I seem to remember that I liked the sound of a certain Honda CBX 1000 with a 6 into 1 exhaust. I borrowed it from a shop I worked at about 10 years ago, that fuckin thing sounded awsomely close to an F1 car.

But I still can't forget about the awsome sound that my old Kawasaki Triple made with the Denco expansion chambers on it= I loved that bike, but I remember having to work on it alot and 60 miles to a tank full means your not goin to ride it very far also.

Everyone elses choices are pretty cool, these are just my two personal favorites.

I went to the Mods vs Rockers in Dallas last weekend.

One of the tents there was for Big D Cycle which is sort of famous in the Meriden scene for builds and tuning. They had 2 of their vintage race bikes there and did some fly bys of the bar where the event was held. The owner and their race rider blew by the bar a few times back and forth on their 2 race bikes. The racer guy did a 1-2-3-4(?) wheelie like 8' from the crowd, it was boner-ific!

here's a shot of the bike (these are hollow reverse cans btw, imagine how loud!!!):

triton.jpg

here's the other race bike (this is the wheelie machine, although I'm sure they both are), also hollow cans, louder than shit!!!

6-14-08-6.jpg

cynr1023

TT Racer
I'd ahve to say for now......... MINE!!! I've heard other sounds I like but when I sit on mine and crack open the throttle I always smile.

SLEDHEAD

Two Stroke
I seem to remember that I liked the sound of a certain Honda CBX 1000 with a 6 into 1 exhaust. I borrowed it from a shop I worked at about 10 years ago, that fuckin thing sounded awsomely close to an F1 car.

But I still can't forget about the awsome sound that my old Kawasaki Triple made with the Denco expansion chambers on it= I loved that bike, but I remember having to work on it alot and 60 miles to a tank full means your not goin to ride it very far also.

Everyone elses choices are pretty cool, these are just my two personal favorites.

Same here on the sound of the old Kawi Triples...Wish I still had my 75 H2 with the denco's...

Caveman

Scooter
I am with Ice & CYNR1023. Nothing beats the sound of my trumpy while when I am sucking in the scenery, smells and that sound while I am blatting along the open road.......................................

"Gotta love the one you are with"