Track 4/24

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Well I was an idiot and there was complications with running the go pro. So I have no footage from my ride. There is footage that is being uploaded and rendered at the moment but it won't be ready for a few days. Here are some tasty pics though.

Overall I feel I progressed well through the day the first 2 sessions were the worst but I've found that I spend lots of time the first part of the day looking down at the track right in front of me to find scrapes or marks in the track (stationary objects) to use as braking and turn in markers and once I get those down the latter sessions in the day really pick up pace. Being smooth was the key and once I got the markers set looking ahead to the next turn or the one after that really helps you get about much faster. There were a few oh shit moments during the day due to target fixation and once to taking the wrong line a bit too hot. Managed just to run off and stay up at least. Anyway I'll quit rambling and put up the photos.

gss4-24.jpg

gss24-24.jpg

gss34-24.jpg

gss44-24.jpg

Texas94fs

Hooligan
gss54-24.jpg

gss64-24.jpg

gss74-24.jpg

The one who made it all possible for me to ride for free by cornerworking and sat out in the sun all day I have to say thanks to the lovely lady, (who some of you have seen as leeloo)
nicgss.jpg

nice pics yah for sure, but let's see some more of your lady :banana:

Looks like a blast. Did you really have to tape your gauges?

loxpump

Rocker

We either have to tape up glass like headlights, taillights and mirrors or remove them, but tracks all have their own rules. I just take everything off and even take off my speedo cable when I run mine. I barely even look at the tach. They have 4 track days on schedule this year here, I hope I can do some of them. I did 4 last year and had great weather, thanks to a cooler than normal summer.

Texas94fs

Hooligan

Ha ha ha yea the photographer got a few of her just sitting there but nothing good, shes in a sweatshirt and jeans sitting. . .we shall get more of her later I'm sure.

Yea I taped the gauges so I would have one less distraction, the tach isn't completely taped i taped it to 4500 so I'd know where the bike should be at all times and thats in the rpm range where the most power is.

We either have to tape up glass like headlights, taillights and mirrors or remove them, but tracks all have their own rules. I just take everything off and even take off my speedo cable when I run mine. I barely even look at the tach. They have 4 track days on schedule this year here, I hope I can do some of them. I did 4 last year and had great weather, thanks to a cooler than normal summer.

Yea summer here will be 100+ days and full leather. Just wouldn't be fun, and fun is the whole reason I do it.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
nothing but left turns on that track? Thanks for sharing the pics. I always wonder what kind of safety inspection you have to go thru, both the bike and the screwball on top. Looks like a full helmet and full leathers for the Screwball.

Note. I hope nobody takes offense at the word screwball. I mean it in the nicest sense of the word.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
nothing but left turns on that track? Thanks for sharing the pics. I always wonder what kind of safety inspection you have to go thru, both the bike and the screwball on top. Looks like a full helmet and full leathers for the Screwball.

Note. I hope nobody takes offense at the word screwball. I mean it in the nicest sense of the word.

Hah, yea that track is mostly lefet hand turns with a few right handers, however the right handers position make it a bit more precarious for photographers should someone wreck in the turn right before the right handers. As for tech, the bike can't be leaking, any glass bits must be taped (aside from gauges), brake pads must have good life and tires must be in good shape, no wear bars or anything like that. They also check chain tension, functionality of levers and make sure nothing is going to fall off the bike mid track. A working kill switch is a must. Full leathers, protective boots, full gauntlet gloves, and full face helmet are required. Offense to screwball, phsss nah.