Tach or CDI box?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
As of late the thrux has developed an intermittent stalling problem. I'm sure the carbs need synced as well, however, it seems the tachometer is reading incorrectly. Bike has always idled at 1100 and i know pretty well what that sounds like, now the tach is reading close to 2k at idle but sounds no different and it seems to jump everywhere but when turned off it does go back to 0. I don't think the tach would just suddenly start reading wrong but i think instead that it is indeed the rev box or something. Anyone got any ideas?

strokerlmt

Before u start lookin at expensive shit ck all the connections and cables I would drop the tach cup take each wire off clean and re connect
Lmt

FYI, there is no CDI on any Thrux/Bonnie/Scrambler etc. It's an ignitor. A CDI is a totally different type of ignition. Boo Yah. Glad I could help.

Like LMT said, check the wiring connection under the seat to the ignitor and blow it out, then slather some dielectric grease on the connection.

You haven't recently washed the bike, or ridden in the rain have you?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Yea jeff I'm an idiot, i was still a little drunk this morning. You are 100% right on that.

I've checked all those and the ignitor. Greased all the connections. Rode it today and now the needle isn't actually going all the way down on the tach. I'll have to dissasemble it and fix that. The carbs need synchronized bad is what I'm guessing.