Stand

ricky

Street Tracker
Has anyone found a rear stand yet?
I'm not talking about the one that bolts onto the bike but one to keep in the garage.
My L&P won't work.
Thanks ahead of time.

ricky

Street Tracker
Craftsman bike jack?

I have one, works great! I think I paid $60-75 for it.

Thruxtonup has a bulldog type stand.

I have a bike jack. Works fine but it's a pain to drag out from where I have it buried when I want to use it.
I was looking for the quick rear swing arm lift.
I'll ask Thruxtonup about his. Thanks.

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Stand

They are avail in all catalogs- Kirk, Motorsport etc... There is a guy here thatmakes em cheap. Easy to find!! Yeah the jack is a must have- but awkward! Good luck!

Hedge

American Infidel
Sears is having there 1 day (actually 5 hours), Super Saturday, Doorbuster Sale tomorrow from 7am to 12pm! Get your shit quick!

Craftsman Jack System, Lift N Secure regularly $299.99 on sale for $79.97! I'm going there tomorrow to pick up a $400 lawn mower for $189 + tax so I'll probably scoop the jack up as well. :D

DavidC

Rocker
Sears is having there 1 day (actually 5 hours), Super Saturday, Doorbuster Sale tomorrow from 7am to 12pm! Get your shit quick!

Craftsman Jack System, Lift N Secure regularly $299.99 on sale for $79.97! I'm going there tomorrow to pick up a $400 lawn mower for $189 + tax so I'll probably scoop the jack up as well. :D

Owning a house makes you think of weird shit, eh Hedge? The first time I plopped down cash for a water heater, I thought, "WTF, who buys water heaters?". Pepole who don't hang out in bars but go home, I found. :eek:

UraniumC

Banned
Owning a house makes you think of weird shit, eh Hedge? The first time I plopped down cash for a water heater, I thought, "WTF, who buys water heaters?". Pepole who don't hang out in bars but go home, I found. :eek:

LOL. I remember standing in line to buy dirt a few weeks after buying my 1st house.

the next week I was back in line to buy manure and thinking "how the mighty have fallen."

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Pit Bull - works great - very stable - one person operation.

CIMG1898.jpg

ricky

Street Tracker
Pit Bull - works great - very stable - one person operation.

CIMG1898.jpg

Thanks for chiming in.
I did go to Pit Bulls web site but I'll be damned if I could find the stand that fits the Bonneville or any Classic Triumph.
Can I talk you into posting the model number?

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Thanks for chiming in.
I did go to Pit Bulls web site but I'll be damned if I could find the stand that fits the Bonneville or any Classic Triumph.
Can I talk you into posting the model number?

Sorry no model number on it, I inherited the stand with the bike so don't know the details. But it looks to be universal and the brackets that support the bike at the swingarm are adjustable to fit all sizes within reason. Hope that helps. Scott used the stand on his ZX9 and bonnies.

DavidC

Rocker
Maybe call up Pit Bull and ask. They probably know which bike their stuff is suited for. Wouldn't mind having a stand myself. Hell, I should just spring for a center stand; they are handy.

ricky

Street Tracker
Maybe call up Pit Bull and ask. They probably know which bike their stuff is suited for. Wouldn't mind having a stand myself. Hell, I should just spring for a center stand; they are handy.

Good idea. I was just asking here first.
About that center stand idea... that's plan B.
Plan B will take more time to save up for though.:(

DavidC

Rocker
I was just checking out member's bikes with center stands....don't really care for the look. I can see them. Decisions, decisions.....:chin:

Hedge

American Infidel
Yep! Anyway - I get down there and my $389 lawn mower is ready to be picked up. $209 with tax. I go down to the Man's world and find everyone standing around. I asked the guys in the huddle if this was some kind of Sears union training drill. He laughed and said no. I said the Doorbuster sale looks like a bust! He said Yep! The place was empty. I showed him a picture of the jack and we went to look for it. He said we have one left and it's $299. I said according to the email you guys sent me it is $79.99. He said that's impossible. I showed him a print out with the coupon code and he said we will need to try this on-line. Long story short, On-line didn't work, department manager gets involved, they re-huddle up, manager does some kind of customer satisfaction override entry and I get the jack for $84.99 with tax and they hand me a $10 gift card for spending over $70. I go to the cooking section and buy my wife 8 small Pyrex ramekins for making chocolate soufflés and hand the lady the card. She enters the price and the card and tells me I owe them 15 cents. :D

Last edited:
did you get the Aluminum jack? The steel (heavy as fuck) is cheap, under $100, the aluminum (silver and yellow) is expensive and not nearly as heavy. If you got the Aluminum one for under $100 you really got to analy violate them.

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
So does anyone else use a pitbull like Thruxtonup? I have one I use on my sport bike, but I have the stock peashooters on the Bonnie and the lift won't clear the pipes to reach the swingarm. Just curious if anyone has found another way to get around this.