Screwing around

More out of curiosity than necessity, killing time and wanting to familiarize myself with the software, I hooked my bike up to TuneECU and uploaded and saved the map from my bike into the PC to see which map my dealer used when they installed the Arrow 2-1. I wanted to see if they used the E10 or E25, it looks like they used map 20514 (E10), which from what I understand is the correct map; so we're good there.

I've got the SAI and O2 removal kits so at some point I'll disable in the TuneECU, save the changes to the map and download it back to the bike and run adaptation.

Also at some point I'm going to want to pull the baffle from the airbox and put on a TTP Breathe with free flowing filter and remap the bike with one of PieMan's tunes, though TTPs maps I believe use another software than TuneECU.

Much larger learning curve with my EFI Scrambler than I had with my Carb'd T100. :D :D

B33B1EA3-4EEC-4126-9B56-4A10D785B242_zpsozfkg9nz.jpg

Socketman66

Scooter
Very cool Chris. I'm planning on doing the same thing in a couple of years when the bike is off warranty. Any technical issues getting the computer interfaced with the ECU?

EFI is certainly a long way from changing a couple of jets. :)

Keep us posted with your mods. :c

Cheers.

Once I got the OBDII cable set up with the necessary drivers, my biggest challenge was using the wife's old PC with trigger happy track pad. The thing wants to open programs as I scroll over them; very aggravating.

We'll see how it goes as far as changes go. I've already got the Arrow 2-1 tune installed for my high pipes and curious if I'd need to purchase another tune if I decide to remove the snorkel and airbox baffle or if I can just uncheck the SAI and O2 in TuneECU and continue running the same tune.

poochar

moped
Drivers

Thanks Chris,

What version of Windows are you running?
.... and FTDI Driver version you used ?

Did you pull the fuse for the headlight?

Are the TuneECU map names (hex files)
the same names that Triumph uses?

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited:
I've highjacked my wife's old laptop running Windows 7. Can't remember which FTDI chipset were installed, whatever was recommended to me over on TRAT.

Follow this link and reference post #152: See where Tom provides a direct link to the FTDI chipset.

http://www.triumphrat.net/ecm-and-f...ertaining-to-installation-16.html#post5489658

I did pull the fuse, but also had a battery tender plugged in at the same time, so pulling the fuse probably wasn't necessary.

As for the map files, I'm not too sure, I wound up going with the TTP Tune 4 for Scrambler, pulled the airbox baffle, pulled the snorkel and installed the TTP Breathe with DNA filter.

Now, not only is the bike more responsive thru the entire RPM range, but I also get better fuel economy with a properly tuned motor. Miles of smiles.

poochar

moped
I swore I wasn't going dump money into this bike .....
(but that did not last!!)

Still have the stock exhaust on bike and removed the Air Injection.
Bike always seems to stall as I come to a stop!
(if I don't keep blipping the throttle)

TPP recommends:
I would recommend our Scrambler Tune 1 with the associated hardware. This
tune is meant to used with Triumph Off Road Silencers (TORS), but works
equally well with the standard silencers. With this tune you would require
our Breathe air box intake cover, a DNA performance air filter and an O2
removal kit. These mods will clean up the runnig of your engine and also
give you a boost in mid range torque.

I told myself in October when I got the Scrambler that in regards to intake upgrades, I was going to leave the bike stock and just enjoy it the way the factory intended it to be. Well, that lasted about 6 months and basically the non-riding season. :D

I thought of just doing a basic upgrade, but then I figured over time, I'm going to want to go the whole nine with the exception of airbox removal, so I figured it would be best and cost effective to just do it all now rather than spend $100+ on the map every time I decided to take that next step.

In regards to the bike stalling... Did you go thru the complete reset adaption when doing the re-map? Where's your idle at? Warm the bike up (20 minute ride), plug it into tuneECU and see where you're idle is; you may just need to bump it up. Check your throttle bodies to make sure they also are in sync. Also, it's possible the map tubes on the throttle bodies have been bumped causing an vacuum leak. Once you've confirmed and eliminated those as potential causes, I'd recommend reaching out to Pieman (member of this community and the man behind TTP), he may have some other ideas that may be causing your issue. Fortunately, I haven't had to trouble shoot that issue on my EFI, had it on my carb model T100, but not on my EFI.

poochar

moped
winter

I learned buying bikes in the Winter is hard on the wallet !!!
This was a BAD Winter here so all I good do was stare at them in the
garage (and think of stuff to add to them)
I love to turn wrench!!!
On the Scrambler I put new springs in the front and Race Tech
Gold Valve Emulators (and preload adjusters)
New Progressive shocks on the back....... Mustang seat .........on and on...

Then I got a brand new Roadliner S in January ..... ($$$$ all over again!)

I will try what you said..........
for my stalling

THANKS!