Pepper's rigid build

pepper

Street Tracker
Just what a coupla workin' joes can do after work with not much money. I suspect that fits most of us here.

We're really hoping to meet more garage type guys in our area so we can help each other get/stay in the wind. I don't know if it works that way anymore, like it did in the past, but I'd like to think so. I guess we'll see...

D9

Vendor
This project is cool as hell... way to go pepper & nick...looking forward to more well writ updates from Ministry-of-Speed :headbang2:

Last edited:

pepper

Street Tracker
Slow going but parts are starting to show up for the '68. Got a used alien tank and a 21" H-D wheel and tire, plus there's a 2" under DNA springer due in this coming weekend.

I haven't done anything on the OIF after splitting the cases and going through the tranny other than model a couple parts in SolidWorks. I'm still holding out hope of trading labor and parts for as much as possible and saving what little cash is available for cams, pistons, gaskets, seals, etc...

The alien tank is payment for fixing an electrical problem and going through the carbs on the '77 CB550 Cafe in the foreground.

IMAG0248.jpg

pepper

Street Tracker
Nick was able to get the front end and H-D 21" wheel/tire for 375 bucks, brand spanking new, he's thrilled with it. A fellow JJ'er decided to go a differant route on his show bike so he cut the youngblood some slack being it's his first build and all.

Nick modding his frame to get the front end to fit.

IMAG0349.jpg

IMAG0358.jpg

Loosely installed, just hangin really. It's a 2" under unit so the lower frame rails should sit parallel with the ground when it's bolted on all the way. He's still gotta do the neck bearing conversion and that kit is on the way. I'm giving him one of the H-D calipers that are in my parts stash so he's gonna fab a custom mount bracket for it. Fabbing the wheel spacers, risers and headlight mount will about wrap up the front end.

IMAG0360.jpg

It's slow going no doubt but he works full time and is a single dad of two toddlers.

DIRK

750cc
fab deal for you on the springer. had one on my shovel w/ no front brake. keep flying sparks!

D9

Vendor
Just great pics... sparks flyin', love it...pepper, tell Nick to keep up the good work!

pepper

Street Tracker
We were able to get the front wheel spacers modeled and drawn last night. He'll get them cut today if he can get the lathe on his breaks.

He's decided to run a Grimeca dual piston caliper from the stash so there's a mount bracket in work for that as well.

spaceraxlehubsidebrake.jpg

spaceraxlehubsidebrakeoutboard.jpg

spaceraxlehubsidenon-brake.jpg