New tailights

buckstoy

Street Tracker
There's only one like that!

Thanks Buck. I took pix of nearly every stage,and completed both tanks[the tail holds gas too],but didn`t like the final capacity [1.3gal each],but they both came out airtight and fit good,so it will make a good template for the larger tank I started a couple days ago.I want 2-1/2 to 3 up front for weight distribution.

Dude that's going to be freakin' badass :rocks:! I love the idea of the tail being being an aux. tank. Will it have it's own gascap or would it fill when your filling the main tank?

rodburner

Rocker
It has its own filler.I still need to put in a bung and petcock.I could leave it plugged or a fuel line up to a tee under the main tank. I`ve been thinking about the new version being a one piece front/seat/tail tank with fuel fillers at each end,running thru a tubular seat base.Either way,the seat will still be plain expanded steel.Its my new favorite "foam"

bdavanza

Street Tracker
Expanded steel? Damn I've made a couple knuckles bleed working with that stuff. I guess your butt wouldn't slide anywhere....

rodburner

Rocker
I use the really thin,light gage stuff.It is pretty flexible and I usually hit it with a coat of spray on Plasti-Dip to make the edges less sharp.
bikemovies038.jpg

nickletooth

Scooter
thats the coolest exhaust ive seen! i love high pipes but not any ive seen for the thruxton or bonnie.zard high pipes are the best ive seen but ouch they co$$$$t.i assume you fabricated them yourself?do they have a balance pipe?

rodburner

Rocker
updated change of plans.Decided to go with a bigger LED tail light mounted under the new fiberglass seat.Its a 6" oval,surface mount light from the local truckers store.
Picture015.jpg

Here`s the tail light at 50' and the brake light at 50'
jeris354.jpg

jeris355.jpg

I used my small Kuryakyn LED silverbullets for blinkers in the rear and I`ll wire them in as aux. brake lights this weekend.
Here`s the new pan.
jeris356.jpg

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Steve I gotta believe you have more fun working on your bonnie than anyone I know- possible cable channel show in the making ????

rodburner

Rocker
Thanks John.I do enjoy playing with it. But no,no cable show,the utter disgust I see in the eyes of the purists is satisfaction enough for me.:lol2:
Your bikes are all looking sweet as usual. I wish I had your attention to detail [and a garage would be neat too].Anyway,my trailer project is next on my agenda.I just need to quit engineering it in my head and start cutting steel. It can`t be as hard as the rocket surgery was,right?

wilderness

Scooter
Nice Work!

Dude, you are an artist. This is what it's really all about. Modding out your bike and making things with your own 2 hands. Good job!

koifarm

Hooligan
Love those three way tail lights man, those are beautiful!! You certainly have a skill with metalwork and a good touch as a welder.
What ya gonna do with the first ones you took off? Wanna sell em?