New Metzler

findlay13

Scooter
I had the front wobble on the 07 america I only just bought.After doing all the usual suspects[wheel bearings,steering head bearings, front/rear wheel alignment, etc.etc.]I replaced the Metzler front tire that had 9,500kms with a bridgestone battle ax.Only about 700kms so far but the wobbles gone and so far it seems to handle much better.

b717doc

Scooter
Been running the Dunlops since 2006 on my America. Last 402 was installed in September of 2009, and today, it is bald...probably got 9k out of it...$102 installed locally..I guess ya get what ya pay for..

Bon60

Scooter
I recently replace my tyres with PIRELLI night dragons on the rear and a Sport demon on the front as they dont have a maching set for the Speed master yet.

The best thing i could have done, the bike is handling fantastic and feels safer. I m leaning over more often .
never like the Metzelers. The front tyre didnt wear well and became out of round and the bike slide badly in the wet. I wonder if the Australia gets the same spec tyres as the States . wouldnt suprise me if we didnt. I tried al sorts of things to work out why the front end wobbled. A tyre guy showed me how my front tyre was out of round.
Highly recomend the Pirelli. Still amazed at the difference in bike handling between the to manufactures tyres.

Would never run Metzelers again

Last edited:

EDGRO

Scooter
I Went From The Factory Bridgestones On My 04 America To Metzelers. It Was Like Riding A Different Motorcycle.

ccrat

moped
I just replaced the stock front Metzeler Lasertec with an Avon RoadRider. The Lastertec had over 16,000 miles on it and probably would've gone another 2,000 and still been safe.

I was surprised at the immediately noticeable difference in cornering with the Avon. When the rear Metzeler ME880 wears out, I plan to replace it with an Avon Venom.

Amglo

moped
I am so far very impressed with the Kenda Kruz that i replaced the Metzelers with. Run true, wearing well, and better traction than the Metz's. They are far less costly, too. Under $150.00, delivered, for the set. I'll be using them again.:rockon:

I just received my Kendas, I will install them next week...report to follow, I hate my Metzlers.

Amglo

moped
I think mine is broke, the back tire is a Metz 880, the front a Metz Lasertech.
I have had nothing but wobble/shake & rattle since 1000 miles on the bike. Back to the shop 3x only to be told that it is the tread pattern of the Lasertech. If these new tires do not correct the problem then Triumph has some explaining to do.

slowgator

750cc
I think mine is broke, the back tire is a Metz 880, the front a Metz Lasertech.
I have had nothing but wobble/shake & rattle since 1000 miles on the bike. Back to the shop 3x only to be told that it is the tread pattern of the Lasertech. If these new tires do not correct the problem then Triumph has some explaining to do.
Not sure it's the tires; I have run that combo since buying my T100 in 2007 and am on my 3rd set; no wobble/shakes & rattles for me! Just returned from a ride to Charleston and back (approx. 700 miles) and she has never run smoother! If you have another Triumph dealer nearby, I'd suggest a 2nd opinion.

Amglo

moped
I had the Kendas installed today and for the first time in 6000 miles, no wobble. It had to either be the front tire or the Triumph dealer did not install the Metzlers properly the first time (they had to switch the tires when they upgraded the rims). I have had a feeling all along that the back tire was never beaded correctly. Either way I am now happy and feel safer.

LA_Geezer

Scooter
Me too. If it ain't broke...

It amuses me that so many are comparing old Metzlers to new tires and claiming a world of difference. I would hope so.

I just put a new set of D404s on my '07 Honda. They aren't bad tires, but IMO the Metzlers on my Speedy are far better handling tires.

Amglo

moped
I am so far very impressed with the Kenda Kruz that i replaced the Metzelers with. Run true, wearing well, and better traction than the Metz's. They are far less costly, too. Under $150.00, delivered, for the set. I'll be using them again.:rockon:

Ditto, I will never go back to Metzler. Love my Kendas, I paid 146.00 delivered for both.

bonZa

Street Tracker
first time I've heard of anyone loving Kenda tyres. suppose Inoue will be next to rave about

MattyMo

moped
I'm happy with my Metz. I have gone to the ME880 up front in place of the original LaserTek. Got just over 12,000 miles each out of the first two (LaserTek's) up front but wanted to match the back. Like the tread pattern and seem to track the road better as well. Got over 20,000 miles out of the ME880 on the back and replaced it with another. YMMV