new Corbin alternative

rodburner

Rocker
Take a broken shovel,some sheet metal,an ebay chopper seat and some expanded steel,grind,bend,swear and weld,polish it up and viola,a narrow Bonnie "sport" seat.:lol2: Seat height is 27" unladen,and the ride comfort as is,is equal to any of the 3 Corbins I played with. I have a "touring" pad for it also,with the foam and cover from a Mustang/Sportster seat.It raises the height 2-3" and straightens out my legs.
bikemovies019.jpg

bikemovies022.jpg

D9

Vendor
Damn, Steve... nice work... that may just be the best one yet... really like the short curved fender coming out the back and the overall shape of the seat...
looks comfy but not overstuffed... post some side views when
you get the camera out again, I'd like to see more... :rock:

Soulrebel

Street Tracker
I think your seat making days are over. That looks like the final product. The shovel on the back looks great. It gives the rear a nice finished look. Nice job. Now paint that bitch, and get back to making another exhaust. Oh wait the last exhaust you made is the biz. Hey Rodburner, what are you gonna do now?

rodburner

Rocker
Thanks all.Here`s a few more.Sorry for the glare off the sport seat.
bikemovies014.jpg

bikemovies007.jpg

bikemovies001.jpg

I hope to get the pan painted a bit this week and start the next wave of mods,a new headlight [a low profile "wave" light]make some tiny cans to house my LED lazer tailights [3 to a side,at the ends of the frame horns] and then a new,smaller battery box and general wiring clean up.:stupid:

Rod, can I come over for a month and recieve welding and fab instruction from you? Free of charge of course. I'll supply beer. Lots and lots of beer.

rodburner

Rocker
Welding is a part of my job. I do OK,but sometimes when the pipeline is on fire,I wish I was a damn greens keeper .[dream job] But I envy you and JamesB cuz I can`t even import a Babes on bikes pic from folder to folder inside my own computer,much less put something up for the world to see.:worthy:

csang

Scooter
All I can say is :bug: WOW ! Thats a serious looking street bike. I'm sure you've done some engine work on it too.
Nice.

rodburner

Rocker
Actually,no,only the pipes and airbox have been changed to offend the innocent.:poke:Cutting off nearly 100lbs is enough "hp" for me.

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
Very cool, what front lamp setup is that. Not too keen on the stock lamp. Probably be my first cosmetic mod, along with chopping the fenders.

rodburner

Rocker
Funny you should ask.Those are 4-1/2" John Deere backhoe lights.But I just this morning installed my new dual H3 halogen fog/driving 'WAVE" headlight.
bikemovies041.jpg

I won`t find out how well it works until next week,when we get home from Florida. And even then,I don`t ride at night,so who knows....