my new bike-go-getter

Skeeter

Rocker
just picked this up today, 1950 chevy. ill use it to go pickup bikes and drive around when im not on the thrux
she needs some work but i love tinkering

2012-05-27160643.jpg

2012-05-27160558.jpg

Skeeter

Rocker
i love old chevy trucks and 50-60s caddys but i found this first and couldnt let it pass.
ive got some body work to do but now that i dont do it as a living i dont mind it. i just need a shop so i dont have to do it out of my 13ft trailer

rodburner

Rocker
My first truck [or car for that matter] was a 51 chev long bed,just like that. Used a gallon of oil every couple weeks [parafin based from WigWam for less than $2/gallon]. The brakes were only good for one 55mph stop per hour and the 3 on the tree was fully non syncro. But the old stove bolt 6 fired up every time and made countless trips to the drive in movies and the drag races at S.I.R. Some virginity was lost also..

Skeeter

Rocker
thanks guys
luckly the truck has been sittin in a garage for the past 5 years. these picture are after we dropped it off at my parents new house since i live in an apartment
plans are to get her runnin well and start fixin the dents and lil rust.

gcrider

Street Tracker
Nice piece. You'll have fun with it for sure.

Here's mine - it's been in the family since the mid '70's. Dad and I built it as a family hotrod project back then, and it was my semi-daily driver through high school and college. Parked it in '87 and it sat for over 20 years until we recently started to go through it and bring some of the '70's tech up to current standards without losing the old school vibe.

Attachments

• 50chev small.jpg
    50chev small.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I inherited his 1950 Chevy truck when my grandfather passed away, but I didn't have anywhere to keep it or to work on it, so I had to pass.

that was a bummer.