Most stupid thing you have done while riding

whufcok

Scooter
What is the most stupid thing you have done while riding I've done a few daft things but heres one to start things off.

Pulling up to a set of lights at red and stopping the bike with great balance to a complete stop before leaning left slightly before placing my left foot down only to discover my shoe laces tied round the gear lever boy did i feel a tit trapped under the bike for a while before pulling my foot out of my shoe, pickin the bike up with my shoe tied to the bike then rode off in my sock just to get away with the shoe trailing behind me........ lots of people at the lights laughing and pointing...

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Ok, I'll play...a few years ago I was up in the Deal's Gap area, on one of the many scenic roads in the area. I got to a beautiful scenic overlook and pulled off to take a pic. I was on my Goldwing, and the camera was in the trunk. Apparently I didn't notice I was parked facing just slightly downhill. I was also by myself.
So I stopped at the overlook, put down the sidestand and dismounted. I then walked to the rear of the bike, opened the trunk and got my camera out. As I got ready to take my great tourist photo, I pushed the trunk lid shut, which also pushed the bike forward slightly, rocking it off the side stand! As the bike was moving forward, I realized the error of my judgement, but 900 lb of motorcycle is gonna go when it starts moving. Lucky for me, a good sam stopped by a few minutes later and helped me right it and get underway. I've since learned how to do it by myself, BTW...

MattRat

TT Racer
answering a phone call from my wife at 100+

I got rid of the bluetooth shortly after that...don't need the distraction at speed.

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
Trusting that my friend was making a safe pass and was going to leave room for me.

He made a perfectly safe pass, but then tucked in right in front of the car leaving me stuck in the left lane with approaching traffic.

I'm still picking bits of seat out of my ass from that one!

Oh, number 2: Pulling a wheelie on my KLR for some kids working on a car in a parking lot only to realize there wasn't enough room, slamming the bike down and sliding into a dumpster. I rolled off the bike and jumped up bowing as they laughed their ass off. This was in my apartment complex, and I moved soon after!

Jim :cool:

AceT100

Rocker
Big wheelie on the 900 Monster past the armed guards at Windsor Castle about 3 seconds before The Queen came out the gate....

I was hauling ass down the freeway weaving in and out of traffic to try and beat the family to the my house, only to unwittingly pass the family on the freeway in a most loud and fast manner...

koifarm

Hooligan
Oh ya....
Coming up to a stop sign, misjudging the uphill location, putting down a foot just a bit too late and having my boot momentarily snag on the pegs raised outer lip and I went down like a poleaxed cow.
Riding a Harley Sportster in the winter time, Milwaukee Wisconsin, coming up to a stop light, hitting an icy patch when I braked and losing the rear end and riding the bike through an intersection on it's side. The main reason I purchased a side car immediately after that.
Riding buck nekkid on a dare and getting arrested for decent exposure by a female cop. Well, it was a dui but I prefer the other scenario.....

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I got two, both oldies. First one was using my bagger as a Scrambler and going off road with it, trying to jump it and getting high centered at the top of a ten foot hill. But that was actually fun right until I got High centered.

The other one was when I was riding to Denver from L.A. and stopped at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison (if you're ever in the area DON'T MISS IT). It was early in the morning and in my badassest Harley Davidsonest manner threw down the kickstand with a mighty kick and.....it came back up leaving me on the gravel parking lot with a red face. These two foreign guys came over to help me & the bike up. I thought they were German (I speak poor German) and while doing my "dankes" found out they were actually French. A double whammy involving foreign relations no less.:huh:

Gretsch

Rocker
I was going too fast on a back road and came over a blind hill to see a light turning red and a car turning left. I locked them up and skidded for about 10 -15 feet. A kid on the sidewalk saw the whole thing and was giving me a thumbs up sign because I guess it looked cool. I guess he couldn't see the "I just shit myself" look I had underneath my helmet....

T-boy

Rocker
I've never done anything stupid on a motorcycle...well except for this one Easter when I was showing off for my kids and grandkids by pulling a hole shot out of my driveway onto the street. As I sped out onto the street I hit one of the last vestiges of winter ice and almost went down to the left, overcompensated and down to the right, to the left, to the right...etc. It took me about 50 yards to regain control over that sucker and stop. It's a miracle I didn't break both of my legs. Kids and all thought I was one hell-of-a stunt rider. I just said to myself, "You're a dumbass!"

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I overrode my toured up bonnie more than once last summer on the trip I took.. Only crashed once, tho.. Almost put it in the ditch 3 other times.