LMT High Exhaust system

strokerlmt

Not totally done. The muffs need to be adjusted and they actually tilt up a little.
The bike is dirty as shit. It sounds great and I need to do a test run.
Thoughts....like...dislike....any changes...I wonder if the side covers need to go ????
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1

PieMan

Two Stroke
LMT, I know you've spent a shitload of time and effort on your bike getting it to how it is now and you'll most probably tell me to go to hell, but you did ask for thoughts.............

Your bike how it was in your profile pic, was absolutely f*cking gorgeous, the black with gold wheels was beautiful and pure class, please change it back. Sorry.

Last edited:

strokerlmt

Would never tell you to go to hell. I have a lot of respect for you and Jeff, both of you have great taste and knowledge. I do a lot of shit instead of paying some moron 150 bucks an hour to settle my head. Working in the garage is less expensive. I have expended less than you think. I trade shit with a bunch of gents and then I mix and match on my ride. I have pipes hanging all over the garage. After I put this one on I was looking at the 2 to right side low black headers and cans thinking that looksss way better.
Thx both of you for the comments.
LMT

D9

Vendor
LMT... interesting variation as ever, looks like you're having fun with it...
imo:
lose side covers for now
try a black rear fender & chrome tail lamp housing
make the tank beautiful, perhaps a striking scallop design in the brg green and black accented with gold pinstripe, and some nice clean classic Triumph lettering on the tank...
put the lower frame railing section back on... the frame adds visual continuity...
keep banging ;)

Flaco

750cc
Lach...

A philosophical response...

"The merit of originality is not novelty. It is sincerity.
What ever a believing man does, he does for himself not for another"...

I have gotten mo' ideas from you, Thruxtonup, Rodburner, D9, etc...

Wait till you see my "butcher bobber job" aka "Bonneville softail custom."

It's been a work in progress since my MD said I was stage 2 C-free in January! No liver transplant! More like a Bonnie transplant, like a bucket list...

Now, I have to wait a month more of meds, then I will get my hernia repaired...

Off and riding following the mods... (and "body repairs")

I'll give you a call soon, as I have a few swing arm questions...

Please don't ask for pic's yet. As my belly is uglier than a "Mud fence in a hail storm." Oh! Sorry, I meant the "Bike"...
To time consuming posting pic's and two finger typing when I could be out back wrenching!

Carry on mate...

Allin...

strokerlmt

Lach...

A philosophical response...

"The merit of originality is not novelty. It is sincerity.
What ever a believing man does, he does for himself not for another"...

I have gotten mo' ideas from you, Thruxtonup, Rodburner, D9, etc...

Wait till you see my "butcher bobber job" aka "Bonneville softail custom."

It's been a work in progress since my MD said I was stage 2 C-free in January! No liver transplant! More like a Bonnie transplant, like a bucket list...

Now, I have to wait a month more of meds, then I will get my hernia repaired...

Off and riding following the mods... (and "body repairs")

I'll give you a call soon, as I have a few swing arm questions...

Please don't ask for pic's yet. As my belly is uglier than a "Mud fence in a hail storm." Oh! Sorry, I meant the "Bike"...
To time consuming posting pic's and two finger typing when I could be out back wrenching!

Carry on mate...

Allin...

Hey Allin....there you are. Really happy to hear about C Free man. That is wonderful. Press on with the project, my garage work has kept me sane over the past 3-4 years.
Best
LMT

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Not totally done. The muffs need to be adjusted and they actually tilt up a little.
The bike is dirty as shit. It sounds great and I need to do a test run.
Thoughts....like...dislike....any changes...I wonder if the side covers need to go ????
LMT

Beautiful! :rocks:

strokerlmt

I've been giving consideration to putting high pipes and dual sport tires on my T100.

My good friend has a dual sport and there a miles and miles of very cool back roads in Big Sur, Fort Liggett, West Paso. Not trails.....mostly worn out pavement and packed dirt. I have a set of rims and have been toying with putting some d sport rubber on them.
LMT

AceT100

Rocker
Just MY personal opinion....not a good look.

BUT....

Its your bike, and you did ask opinions.

The 'work quality' is superb, the finished product, not so much.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I'm not a fan of the high exhausts as well but that is just my opinion. For what it's worth, you have a really classy look going on with your Bonnie. Are you happy with the Norman Hyde rears?

strokerlmt

I'm not a fan of the high exhausts as well but that is just my opinion. For what it's worth, you have a really classy look going on with your Bonnie. Are you happy with the Norman Hyde rears?

hey there......I just went for a great run up the coast. warmed up and opened her up.....smooth fun power....I do not understand all the nuiances with exhaust flow air filters etc but I have to the say the 2 high seems to be real good.
the norman hyde rear sets are best for me. rubber pedals are soft / vibration free.....angle good....
LMT

strokerlmt

Put a James Maund fender eliminator kit on. It was less than half the weight of my fender with the lite on it. Great kit. Took the side covers off as well. Bike was strong and smooth, with the 2 high mufflers, all the way to ton plus 20 yesterday so I think I will leave as is for awhile.
LMT
Thx Seth for the rear fender comment ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 0
Put a James Maund fender eliminator kit on. It was less than half the weight of my fender with the lite on it. Great kit. Took the side covers off as well. Bike was strong and smooth, with the 2 high mufflers, all the way to ton plus 20 yesterday so I think I will leave as is for awhile.
LMT

I like it.

stephencolbertPopcorngif.gif

mikenva

Rocker
I think 1 dyno run and you will be pulling the high pipes off.pipes makeing a u-turn are hp killers.

D9

Vendor
LMT

LMT - subtle changes... but WOW! I'm diggin' it now :rocks:

Maund's stuff is way cool, designed and built in USA, check it out
http://maundspeed.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

phil

Street Tracker
yeah I think those high pipes look good.. is there any sound files a guy could listen to ..

cynr1023

TT Racer
LMT,
you spoke of a 2 into 2 on same side of bike in black, do you have pictures of that? I'm thinking about going that way. but don't know where to source parts for something like that. Thanks.
Travis

strokerlmt

LMT,
you spoke of a 2 into 2 on same side of bike in black, do you have pictures of that? I'm thinking about going that way. but don't know where to source parts for something like that. Thanks.
Travis

Hey Travis.....how have you been doing.....I made mine....will find the pics and post....best
LMT