It cost how much?!?!?!?

cynr1023

TT Racer
So, no shit, a turn signal relay cost $68 from the dealership. I'm hoping I've got a much cheaper solution and will let everyone know later this evening. Anyone else found something not quite so expensive?

Oxblood

750cc
Take it to autozone/napa ect. I'll bet you they'll have what you need for under 20 bucks.

Last edited:

innominate

Street Tracker
Relay. Isn't that the square thing w3 prongs behind the lt side cover? Doesn't NB have those for ~$20. Or can't you just take yours to napa or autowhatever and get a generic replacement?

Forgive me fer bein ignorant on the subject:(

cynr1023

TT Racer
I took mine to two other mainstream auto parts stores and they were next to useless, basically told me if it was on the shelf they had it and if it wasn't they couldn't do anything for me. I stopped at napa and two guys ended up looking through the computer and a couple parts books looking for something similar, another guy walked up looked at it, dissappeared into the back for a couple three minutes and came back out and said "here, this should do ya." It was $5.23 with tax. I'll put it on tomorrow and see if it works.

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I took mine to two other mainstream auto parts stores and they were next to useless, basically told me if it was on the shelf they had it and if it wasn't they couldn't do anything for me. I stopped at napa and two guys ended up looking through the computer and a couple parts books looking for something similar, another guy walked up looked at it, dissappeared into the back for a couple three minutes and came back out and said "here, this should do ya." It was $5.23 with tax. I'll put it on tomorrow and see if it works.

you wouldn't by chance have a part number, would you?

cynr1023

TT Racer
I'll put up the part number tomorrow when I know it works. It's only five bucks but you usually can't return electrical parts. Fuck it...hang on..................

cynr1023

TT Racer
Nope, didn't work. When I turned on the bike I heard a pop in the relay and no light at all. With the old one the turn signal will come on, just not blink.

MES

750cc
Take it to autozone/napa ect. I'll bet you they'll have what you need for under 20 bucks.
actually they cost about $6

just take it to an auto parts store and they should be able to hook you up no worries.

sorry I don't have a part # all you need to know is that it's 12V, the current (check the fuse box for that) or it should say on the relay and the # of prongs.

Shorty

Two Stroke
If we're talking about the relays behind the left side cover, they're GP Sorenson MR78 relays in my "02". I got mine at Autozone for about $6. Take the old one with you, because they usually try to cross-reference them with another brand. Some of those are physically bigger and won't fit in the socket. I've gone through a couple of them myself and now carry a spare.

Shorty

cynr1023

TT Racer
Shorty,
I went to autozone and they didn't try to cross reference shit. The looked at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead. But I'll go as after the GP Sorenson MR78 and see if that works, after I check the connections.

Ivar,
All the bulbs are working, so those connections are good, what other connections should I be looking at?

Shorty

Two Stroke
cynr...If I remember correctly from a similar thread on the other site years ago, these relays are standard in Ford Rangers. Good Luck. Like someone else said, any 12volt relay with the same pin-out and current rating should work. Be sure to take the old relay though to match size...it might save you another trip back to the store like I had to.

Shorty

cynr1023

TT Racer
I took it with me, it's sitting in the console of my truck, I'll probably go back and see what the stores have. Any particular year of ford ranger?

Shorty

Two Stroke
Sorry, don't know. At my age I'm surprised that I could remember the "Ford Ranger" part:)

Shorty

cynr1023

TT Racer
Got it. Napa Part # EP-35 ~$14.00. They gave me a thermal flasher yesterday, I didn't know the difference and the rep didn't realize it until I told him it blew a fuse, he apologized about it and gave me a free fuse. Turn signals now go blinky-blinky!!

Just a thought, but maybe we(technically the Dude, but everyone else can plug in the parts they find) should make a sticky of "non-Triumph" parts and where to get them that we've found work instead of the parts from a "stealership"? Dude?