I swear I will uncover her . . .

Hedge

American Infidel
Where have I been? Let's see, after reducing my working days to 10 hour now, I go home and after feeding, walking and training the dog I have just enough time to shower eat and get to sleep where my day begins at 6am feeding the dog, walking him, training him, filling up the Kong and putting him into the crate until lunchtime when the wife lets him out for and hour until she gets home at 5pm and lets him out again until I get home after traveling the 1 hour / 15.5 mile commute daily from work to home! That about sums up my life right now. Spare time is yard work. However, the weather is getting real nice up here in New England and I looked over to the far corner of my Garage and saw the Bonneville sitting there under her cover and remembered that she is completely detailed and winterized with a full tank and she is just itching to get ignition! I'm thinking tomorrow i might fire her up after lunch and take a spin!

Meanwhile some of you might remember Cyrus when I picked him up last August at 8 weeks old / 24lbs -
Cyrus02-LaborDay2009-7weeksold.jpg

. . . well he has grown a tad from the Bravo Raw Food Diet & Supplements to 9 months old and 100lbs! When he jumps up and puts his front feet on my shoulders he stares me right in the eyes and I'm 5'10" :)
Cyrus-20100403-Closinginon100lbs.jpg

That is one fucking serious looking stare :eeek: he has there and people definitely respect him! He is a great dog with excellent food drive, ball drive and prey drive. He chases a herd of deer every morning and recalls on my first voice or whistle depending how far he has chased them! Hope your all doing well and I hope to get back onto the forum with some riding reports. Also looking to wheezle myself up to the Bennington Triumph Bash in the 1st weekend of June if the wife will let me go . . . might have to get a sidecar and take Mr. Cyrus with me!
http://www.armchaircommando.org/bennington/BenningtonTriumphBash/Home.html
Take Care - Hedge :headbang2:

Last edited:

Bigted

Two Stroke
Love the shepherds. Have had two (including a gordon setter/shepherd cross)
So quick to learn, really love to work for you, spookily inteligent at times.

Hedge

American Infidel
Glad to hear you're still kicking ...

PS: 'ball' and 'food' are not canine instinctual drives. ;)

Good to still be around and be able to keep the Bonneville even though it doesn't see as much action as it use to! I guess your right on the ball & food but he is crazy for them both and nothing distracts him when either of them are available.

T-boy

Rocker
Great looking dog, Hedge. It takes you an hour to travel 15 miles? Wow, did I read that correctly? Have some fun on the Bonnie this weekend.

monty

Street Tracker
Cyrus looks great Hedge, a fantastic looking Shepard.

My latest is just over a twelve month old and I'll post a picture when I've got an up to date one.

In the meantime, here's a picture of Sam , who passed on in May 2009. He was a wonderful gentle bear of a dog and I still miss my friend.
I still see him in the garage where he used to sit whilst I worked on the bikes. Sam even taught my son to walk by standing alongside of him and letting him pull himself up on his fur before walking slowly with him.

Attachments

• tommy tree 019.jpg
    tommy tree 019.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 0
  • tommy tree 022.jpg
    tommy tree 022.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 0

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Damn hedge, gotta pay to play I guess. Dog looks damn good, glad to hear he is gettin trained up proper. The bonneville needs some love too, uncover her and take her out and blow them cobwebs out!

Hedge

American Infidel
OK - bad on me, the wife screamed at me all weekend long so I never dared take her out. Wednesday is my birthday and i took Wed, Thu, Fri off and I already told the wife that the Bonneville is coming out and she is welcome to do a lunch ride with me or sit at home with, as she always reminds me, "MY DOG"! Weather is suppose to be excellent from Wed onward. Right now my yard is getting a great watering for for free. I'll have the camera out to prove I'm back in the club!
Hedge

koifarm

Hooligan
I always thought marriage was a two way street....and should not affect your ride time......I have one of those wives who would rather I go out and ride than sit around not being happy...lucky I guess....she often suggests I go on a ramble...probably just to get me out from under her feet if she's working on something or she may sense I need to crank the throttle a bit.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Hah the wifey not letting you out? Sheesh, at least you were nice enough to invite her on a lunch run. Wasn't 10 minutes before I had the street trip back on mine that the GF was begging for the cowl to come off and get a ride.

koifarm

Hooligan
Well then, that opens the door for another bike and sidecar rig....you wouldn't want to hang a sidecar off that Bonneville! Why, you'll need a KLR or something for a tug, maybe a nice used BMW Hedge....

koifarm

Hooligan
SIDECAR....SIDECAR....SIDECAR....SICECAR.....
RAH RAH SIS BOOM BOW.....Hedge needs a sidecar right about NOW!.....
Hah, poetry sucks....but you get the idea...

Hedge

American Infidel
Well then, that opens the door for another bike and sidecar rig....you wouldn't want to hang a sidecar off that Bonneville! Why, you'll need a KLR or something for a tug, maybe a nice used BMW Hedge....
BMW with a sidecar is a great idea Bill! Now if I can just pass that through the CFO's funding before a used SUV for myself I'm golden. She said she is sick and tired of me using her BMW X3 as the Dog Mobile and i have to go buy a used pickup or SUV of my own. I'm looking into a buddy of mien Durango which i already brought to the Chrysler to have it checked out . . .

Hedge

American Infidel
So today is my 52nd birthday and I took Wed, Thur & Fri off. The weather has stopped raining but it is fucking cold today . . . like 45 degrees and windy! Tomorrow it gets a little warmer but I have to drop our Airman at JFK where he deploys back to Japan and gets back to work after a 3 week leave. Fri is suppose to get into the 70's and Sat in the 80's and I have nothing planned for the wife and I. Even she wants to go riding now so the Bike comes out maybe Friday, definitely Saturday and there will be pictures to prove it! Tonight we go out to an Italian restaurant:c

Remember - "Getting Old is NOT for Sissy's!"
Hedge

Last edited: