I lost the Side Panels!

SMCD

Scooter
So I took the plunge and got rid of the side panels and and hit all the crap behind them up under the seat. Really wasn't as hard as I anticipated. I had originally wanted to do this and get rid of the battery box all together, and use one of those mini Lithium batteries. I've read mixed reviews on them and haven't decided if I want to spend 120 bucks on one yet. I was looking at the Alein Motion 8 cell battery, and charger. (Ballistics Battery sells this exact battery only for 150 bucks) Has anyone had any experience with either of these good or bad?

3ac75802.jpg
[/IMG]

96e3d0ac.jpg
[/IMG]

SMCD

Scooter
@sal. The battery is in that black box just under the seat. It was from the British customs air box removal kit, that I modified a bit.

SMCD

Scooter
@78gold. Thanks!! Actually, I have the EFI Model Thruxton, so those are the foney carbs... The pod filters really help with the foolery, don't you think! But it is supported from above, so it didn't need to be touched.

Craigore

TT Racer
Just out of curiosity... how many wires did you have to splice and stuff? I am thinking about doing this but the bike is my daily rider. Would rather *relocate* a lot of the wiring rather than *rewiring*. I am no stranger to wiring a bike, by the way..

SMCD

Scooter
There were four wires I had to lengthen, three of which I cut into, added splices, and about a foot of wire to. The three wires I cut went to the kickstand, and the positive cable, that runs to the starter solenoid, I just made a jumper cable, and bolted together. The moving and cutting wires only took a few hours. The cutting and painting took up half of my Saturday. Easily done over the weekend.