How are you spending winter?

Gretsch

Rocker
I'm lucky being in Colorado. We've got snowboarding in the winter so you still get to enjoy the thrill of speed when it's too cold & icy to ride. We still get some days where the weather pops and we get a 70 degree day. I don't winterize my bike for just this reason.

My options are to ride the snow, play guitar, post here, chase women, drink beer, drink beer & chase women at the same time, and get into trouble. Oh, and write run-on sentences.

What are you guys/gals doing to pass the time with old man winter?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
My objective is to stay inside as much as possible. Now I too reside in Colorado, but my outlook is skewed cuz I lived in Socal for enough years that I know why there's so damned many people there. IT'S THE WEATHER!!!!!

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
Since it's only really winter here for about 3 weeks a year, I will probably be driving the old van to work and bitchin-all-the-way.

koifarm

Hooligan
Why don't you guys get an inexpensive used dirt bike, say 300 cc's or so, take the tires off the rims, get some stainless steel bolts and washers, make a point on the bolt add a washer and screw through the tire from the inside, cap that with a washer and nut and ya got a spiked tire. Make a good pattern on the tire, especially the shoulders. Now go and find an iced over lake, throw some pylons out for an oval and race the dickens out of those snowbikes, it's a hoot!!!! You won't believe how you can hang a bike out there on the curves and never slip an inch!

Gretsch

Rocker
Why don't you guys get an inexpensive used dirt bike, say 300 cc's or so, take the tires off the rims, get some stainless steel bolts and washers, make a point on the bolt add a washer and screw through the tire from the inside, cap that with a washer and nut and ya got a spiked tire. Make a good pattern on the tire, especially the shoulders. Now go and find an iced over lake, throw some pylons out for an oval and race the dickens out of those snowbikes, it's a hoot!!!! You won't believe how you can hang a bike out there on the curves and never slip an inch!

Yeah I see people doing that up in the mountains on the lakes off of I70. I even talked to a guy that only has a Bonnie and an old dirt bike for transportation. He used the configuration above and used it to commute to work in the snow.

My car is in the shop so I've been ridin for the last week. It was fuckin 30 degrees today. Black ice is not your friend. My balls are frozen.

MES

750cc
riding on Thru and Sat
SoCal
Need I say more.

Funny thing is that we took the Bonnies to the snow last weekend. for some reason we get the oddest looks when we pull into the ski resort parking lots on our bikes. Going to the beach on saturday.

Just buy dubbed tires. So much better and easier than making your own.
Big big fun.

KingBear

Hooligan
I'm here in the nation's capitol. No riding weather, no snowboarding. Just an inauguration circus. Please excuse me while I go hang myself.
:hung:

drlapo

Hooligan
just started refreshing my 85 BMW; shoudl be done in a couple of weeks then its on to the 64 Ducati single(total rebuild) then the 71 BSA B50
lots to do in 3 monhts

ssjones

750cc
I'm here in the nation's capitol. No riding weather, no snowboarding. Just an inauguration circus. Please excuse me while I go hang myself.
:hung:
Ah come on, we get to break them out every once in while during winter! Definitely hear you on the circus - my companies hotels in Frederick & Hagerstown are booked solid.

koifarm

Hooligan
Winter....hmmmm, as i sit at my computer desk looking out on my front 40, it's bright, sunny and going to be 80 degrees today, I guess I'll just have to go and get the bike out....again, darn it, it's really a chore.....riding every day....just takes up too much time.....you know, cleaning up the bike and such like....what a drag.....

curezee

Street Tracker
Winter....hmmmm, as i sit at my computer desk looking out on my front 40, it's bright, sunny and going to be 80 degrees today, I guess I'll just have to go and get the bike out....again, darn it, it's really a chore.....riding every day....just takes up too much time.....you know, cleaning up the bike and such like....what a drag.....

Kind of like riding straight flat roads with no turns, twisties or hills. Just sayin...
;)

koifarm

Hooligan
Pegged

Kind of like riding straight flat roads with no turns, twisties or hills. Just sayin...
;)

Boy, Curezee, you must have been in Florida cuz you described the riding around here exactly to a "T", the only curves around here are at stoplights.....turning right....or left....almost, i say almost like those long straight roads out west, you know, where you look miles in the distance and see nothing but a straight ribbon of asphalt 400 miles long...

buckstoy

Street Tracker
I'm lucky being in Colorado.
Yes you are, but it would take me a bit to acclimate to the cold you get!
Oh, and write run-on sentences.
I'm with you there.
What are you guys/gals doing to pass the time with old man winter?
I'm taking a break from mountain bike racing/training :rocks:, and have started trail running (probably treadmill running today, since it rained cats, dogs, rats, bats, and other vermin last night and it's almost wintery here today (but with 60's this weekend!). Been going to the gym just to tone up, would like to do a good hiking trip thru North Carolina ASAP!! And of course, riding my bike (Thrux) as much as possible!!

Not sure if you saw this, but this guy did that with a VMAX.