home made fender eliminator

Skeeter

Rocker
so after nmy sunday ride on the trump i got home and decided to take my seat off and see what i could do to make my own fender eliminator kit. after removing the fender and looking, its pretty easy to do and dont need to spend the 200 bucks for it. i didn't take many pics but heres what i got.
i made my own ABS cover for under the seat. i cut a little cover out of an old interior panel out of my old truck. in the pics its rough cut and the edges are not sanded down. (PS my bikes dirty cause i have a long dirt driveway)
100_0850.jpg

mounted up
100_0851.jpg

100_0852.jpg

i made my own bracket to turn the stock tail light up side down and then used it to mount the ABS cover in the stock places where the fender would have. i didnt take any pics of the bracket i made, sadly, i got too excited to put it on. but heres a crapy on of it mounted up
100_0865.jpg

i then mounted the stock turn singles before the shocks using the stock inner fender plastic. i drilled a hole and they mounted up swell.
100_0854.jpg

i ran the wires up under the seat and used the plastic wire loom to protect the wires. i dont have pics but i mad a bracket to hang the licence plate off my chain gaurd. not i really what i wanted to but its the only way to make it not look ugly.

all done
100_0855.jpg

100_0858.jpg

100_0859.jpg

it was crazy how easy this was to make, not i have a welder and a metal cut off wheel like most everyone so it wasn't that hard to do. i was surprized at how well it worked. and it didn't cost me much. im sure we'll have haters but if anything i can put my fender back to org. with out any problems. im so stoked

Last edited:

Skeeter

Rocker
if you have an imagination and can make stuff its pretty easy. and if you can weld its even easier, you can make nicer brackets. ill post a pic up of my lic. plate braket i made.

let me know how yours turned out. i wanna know

simpson

TT Racer
will do.

it is supposed to be rainy and around 50, so it will be perfect for it.

i'll take pics and try not to screw it up.

might look at getting some short-stemmed lights for front and back.c

-simpson

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Skeeter, I like the creative turn signal mounting. I'm not sure I wanna lose my rear fender just yet, but if I do, I'm definately gonna look at that as a way to mount the signals. Thanks for sharing!

Skeeter

Rocker
Skeeter, I like the creative turn signal mounting. I'm not sure I wanna lose my rear fender just yet, but if I do, I'm definately gonna look at that as a way to mount the signals. Thanks for sharing!

yea it worked out well

i found out that piece of plastic i mounted the singles to is a part of the air box, found this out when i took apart the air box to remove that little baffle thinger...
i wasnt 100% bout takint he fender off, had mixxed feelisn but im def liking it now...

nice

Hey Skeet....nice job man! I love the look of the fenderless bonny. Makes me think I can do the skid plate project, that I have been putting on hold.
Awesome job, Dude.

Skeeter

Rocker
Hey Skeet....nice job man! I love the look of the fenderless bonny. Makes me think I can do the skid plate project, that I have been putting on hold.
Awesome job, Dude.

you can do it dude, and youll feel awesome after youve done it. i love mod'in my thruxx

Skeeter

Rocker
heres my plate set up. simple 1inch stock with a stud weled to the back and used these lic plate bolts with little LEDs for plate lights
lic.jpg

Skeeter

Rocker
new tail light set up i did this morn, after sunrise church and a nap and eattin peeps
newtail.jpg

Last edited: