Front wore out first

KingOfFleece

Street Tracker
Noticed a bit of a bobble at 45-40 on decel. so I looked it over. Stock Lazertech down to the wearbars at 7000 miles. Rear looks great so having the front go first-never had that happen in 40 years! New goes on Friday-metezler ME 880 bias ply.

KingOfFleece

Street Tracker
I was a bit miffed that the tire did not last past 7000 miles. Very suprised and nobody at the shop can recall a front going first on a roadbike-whatever.
I do like the feel of the Lazertech but was looking foward to the other tire going on so I could try it. As it happened, UPS did not get it to me in time so the OEM went back on.
I may have gotten a bit more out of it but 3 wearbars were showing and I've learned (the hard way) not to skimp on tread!

The front shimmmy is gone and the sidewalls are now scuffed in and ready to go!

ssjones

750cc
I have just under 17k on my front Metzler ME880 (first replacement, bike is now at 27k). I have just a little wobble in the bars at low speed (when riding with no hands on the bar). There is plenty of tread left on the tire, I was thinking about taking it off to get re-balanced.

I have 12k on the Metz ME880 rear and it looks like new still. Maybe I'm not riding hard enough...