Custom sprocket covers

Skeeter

Rocker
so i posted this on another forum BUT
i bought a used chrome sprocket cover off ebay and wanted to drill some speed holes in it to match my side covers i made.
when i won the cover i didnt know it was chrome. so it doesnt match the rest of the bike BUT im gonna polish the other side covers soon, just dont know when ill have 12 hours to do it.
ive been debatin of sandin the chrome off and polishing it to match the rest of the covers when i do polish them all. am i insane to do that or will the chrome cover match the polished aluminum covers
ALSO
i need to attach the metal trash can mesh to the back of the cover. i got this "weld" glue that i might try. its not JB weld or weld stick. has anyone have any expericance in this?
ive been bouncing ideas off D9 Seth, so thanks seth!

the idea and drawings
sprock1.jpg

sprocket1.jpg

cover with black mesh
sproket2.jpg

strokerlmt

Nice one....I will tell you from experience the chrome is a f&^%%^&*g bitch to get off. Having drilled I think you can see the chrome layer over the cover. Good luck it took me hours.
LMT
BTW like the pattern

Skeeter

Rocker
i know i can take the chrome off with a 180 grit roloc disc on the angled die grinder and then work my way up in sand paper useing my hand but its gettin the chrome out of the little holes and nooks thats stoppin me from doin it.
that and the compressor i use isnt that big and im gonna need alot of air to do it

Twodogs

Street Tracker
A chrome shop stripped the chrome from my headlight bucket for just $15. I had tried sandblasting a car rim once to paint it and all I did was heat the chrome up and the chrome shop guy said that if it had of started to lift I would of probably just have made a mess of it doing it that way not being able to get in all of the tight spots and finishing it off properly.

Definitely polish it if the rest are polished because it will look entirely different.

Last edited:

Skeeter

Rocker
well i figured out the chrome problem, the covers gettin shipped to D9 Seth. hes gonna be the owner of the cover.
ill make a new speed hole cover out of a brushed aluminum one

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
That looks really kick ass - matches up with the heel guard nicely. I still really like what you did with your side panels.

Skeeter

Rocker
thanks guys, im gonna install some mesh behind the holes. D9 seth sent me some pics of the chrome one i made installed on his bike. looks good.
i just order some "SkeeterBilt Customs" stickers, ahaha

Skeeter

Rocker
I can honestly say that im PROUD that my lil cover is being worn by the one the only and the awesome D9 seth

Flaco

750cc
I can honestly say that im PROUD that my lil cover is being worn by the one the only and the awesome D9 seth
Sh_t Skeet...
Looks good...
When your up in Tucson, look me up again...
Do we know what happened to my old sprocket cover?
Something new, something different?

Skeeter

Rocker
Al, the cover posted up there on my bike is yours!!! post #12

ill look ya up buddy, i sent you a message sayin we will have to plan a lil lunch/ride this summer sometime