Cafe'd Speedmaster!!!!

cafenoir900

VENDOR
This should get some yucks! A friend of mine bought the bike he thought he wanted... an '03 Speedmaster. Turns out what he really wanted was not a cruiser, but a Cafe Racer... so the modifications began...:headbang2:

Attachments

• hooligan pics 020.jpg
    hooligan pics 020.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 0
  • hooligan pics 024.jpg
    hooligan pics 024.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
  • hooligan pics 028.jpg
    hooligan pics 028.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 0
that's not a Speedmaster, that's an America. Interesting. The seat and handlebar risers look like they could use some massaging, but I like the package overall, kinda prostreet looking.

RonL

Scooter
The seat and handlebar risers look like they could use some massaging, but I like the package overall, kinda prostreet looking.

I see what you mean - like shorter risers and a straighter bar. Yeah, it would give it a little more of a race or drag bike look.

cafenoir900

VENDOR
It is a Speedmaster. We swapped out the forks and wheels because he wanted spokes. The shocks are something he found on Ebay... very inexpensive but work reasonably well.
The tail fin is a custom one-off fiberglass shell, I fabricated a special frame to support the rear after taking off the structural stock rear fender. The seat is made from a hand beaten aluminum shell, made to raise the seating position from the stock gunfighter seat. The riding position is custom set by the owner... he finds it a very natural position. More photos at www.farleyandace.com

nohawk

Rocker
A good example of working with what you got, if you can cafe a goldwing(been done many times) you can cafe most anything. Props to you and your buddy for giving it a go. So far,so cool.

I'd love to see a pic of someone sitting on that bike with their foot on the pegs. I bet it's a cool riding position and looks good going down the road.

cafenoir900

VENDOR
Ask and ye shall receive. Just for fun we put a fin on one of his helmets... it's being painted to match the bike.:cheer:

Attachments

• hooligan pics 019.jpg
    hooligan pics 019.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0
haha, man he needs to go on "what not to wear" hehehe. The bike looks good though.

Man-pri's: check
boat shoes: check
dress socks: check

cafenoir900

VENDOR
Good to get some notice... yeah, that's the bike a year earlier. Always a work in progress.
Thanks for the addition.
Did ya' get to meet "Lou Danger," the owner...?

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
OMFG - No, just no. It's a cruiser for a reason... and should have been left as so, or made into a bobber.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Styles happen for a reason - When you try really hard to force styles that don't fit you end up with sht it this: http://www.youtube.com/user/cowboytroy

WaterTower

Scooter
Very Nice. It seems almost meant to be a natural way for this bike to look.
And I wish farleyandace were in New England

Last edited: