Broken spokes and dirty bikes

strokerlmt

So yesterday I had the bike up on the rear stand. I changed the oil and put on a new filter. I keep the bike clean so I was washing down the underside of the bike when I noticed two broken spokes on the rear rim. Looks like they have been broken for quite awhile. So looks like a good excuse to change out the spokes.

On a side note two guys in their late 20's stopped in town riding Bonne's. I walked outside and looked at the bikes. Both EFI models and both were filthy dirty. I mean months of road grime. Bits and pieces were rusting, caked in shit, paint coming off the engines. I mean these bikes had never ever been cleaned. Shame to treat a Triumph like that.

LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I keep the bike clean so I was washing down the underside of the bike when I noticed two broken spokes on the rear rim...
LMT

Perfect example of keeping the bike cleaned...because it puts your nose down into your bike and you notice things you otherwise might not notice. I have picked up more things to take care that always started off with a cleaning. Good practice to be be in. There is a difference of years of riding versus a bike neglected because someone is too lazy to do a little work....I'm with you on that.

Flaco

750cc
Ditto…
Seen one in Tucson that fits the bill…
U going w/ SS spokes?
I do…
I got stock spokes if you need or want 'em...

strokerlmt

Perfect example of keeping the bike cleaned...because it puts your nose down into your bike and you notice things you otherwise might not notice. I have picked up more things to take care that always started off with a cleaning. Good practice to be be in. There is a difference of years of riding versus a bike neglected because someone is too lazy to do a little work....I'm with you on that.

Hey Matt…..I need to catch up with you….best
LMT

strokerlmt

Hey NBRers …..Flaco sent me his pack of rear spokes. I will change out my broken ones next week. And I will have a box full extra stock rear spokes. I will pay his generosity forward….anyone break a spoke let me know and I will mail you a replacement.
LMT

Flaco

750cc
Hey NBRers …..Flaco sent me his pack of rear spokes. I will change out my broken ones next week. And I will have a box full extra stock rear spokes. I will pay his generosity forward….anyone break a spoke let me know and I will mail you a replacement.
LMT
Damn! Your a stand up guy! I wanted to send them to you for…
Well, you know…
BTW, I cleared my inbox…
Allin...