Bonneville Handlebars

Danpd66

moped
Are there any handlebars available for Bonnevilles that are wider? I like the height of the bars on the modern Bonnies but I would like them to be about 8 to 10 inches wider. If anybody has anything like this it would great to see some pictures and get some ideas! Also brands, availability, pricing, etc would be extremely helpful!
Thanks,
Dan

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Are there any handlebars available for Bonnevilles that are wider? I like the height of the bars on the modern Bonnies but I would like them to be about 8 to 10 inches wider. If anybody has anything like this it would great to see some pictures and get some ideas! Also brands, availability, pricing, etc would be extremely helpful!
Thanks,
Dan

Dan, Flanders has any handlebar you mind can imagine. Your local HD dealer might also have something you'd find suitable, since your Bonnie uses 1" bars, the same as most HDs.

Check Flanders site here: http://www.flandersco.com/ASRC_Handlebars.html

Danpd66

moped
Yeah, if I put my hands (cupped as if gripping the handlebars) right next to the ends of the stock handlebars it is exactly as wide as I would want it to be. I am use to my 1970 TR6R and those handlebars are over 36 inches wide.

Easy13

Street Tracker
Go to ebay and search handlebars there: Tons of bars in variations so vast I'm sure you can find what you want for a good price. I picked up some narrow Z-bars brand new for around $40. If you're going wide with the same height, though, you may have to go to longer cables/brake lines, but those can be had too. Harley beach bars are around 36" wide, low and plentiful. Happy Hunting!

Danpd66

moped
Thanks for the advice, now I just need to find a newer Bonneville to put handlebars on! Currently hunting for an 01-07 Bonnie, there have been a few out there but nothing that has really captured my attention.

nigel

Scooter
Norman Hyde western bars, High and wide, you need the extended cable kit as well,good stuff but not cheap!
Got them on my bonnie now and they make the ride more aggresive, bring out the hooligan in you they do....

nigel

Scooter
Got a picture of them in my album if you want to take a look,
but I cant get the thing to post here.