Bonneville Bobber

fender

Street Tracker
Saw it in BIKEEXIF. I'm conflicted on this model. There are aspects I both like and don't like but I just can't get past the floating seat!
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","src":"http:\/\/kickstart.bikeexif.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2016\/10\/new-triumph-bobber-1-625x417.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
I think it's kinda cool.... not my thing, but I think it will appeal to some in the marketplace... and good to see Triumph being innovative.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I'm not sure about it, really. I love some old school hard tails, no real rake to them that are low. This just seems like it's trying too hard. I want to see want grimy and filthy, ratted out. Properly loved and abused. I don't know. I'm sure there is a marketplace for it though

beemerrich

Street Tracker
The blobber seems like a great place to slot in the 1200 HT motor as it is not intended to be a fast bike or ridden hard. A tractor motor for a bike with a tractor seat. I'm an old beemer guy, so the seat looks perfectly fine to me:

Last edited:

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
You and my brother... old beemer guys!

Attachments

• barry-bmw-2.jpg
    barry-bmw-2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 0
  • barry-bmw-1.jpg
    barry-bmw-1.jpg
    783.5 KB · Views: 0

beemerrich

Street Tracker
I love the older BMWs. On my list is something from the 70's.

Of the 15+ airheads I've owned, this '71 R60/5 was probably my favorite. The QSL 1000 mile seat was to die for. I generally have no regrets on selling off old bikes, but this was the one I *should* have kept:

Attachments

• photo10119.jpg
    photo10119.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 0

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
Maybe we should start a BMW Airheads thread for you guys? Then my brother would join too! :)