Bike dies after running briefly

Texas94fs

Hooligan
08 T100.

Bike died on a friend of mine (okay girlfriends father) while he was coming home from the gym, started back up and did the same a minute or two down the road. Figured it was vac related and loosened the gas cap no luck. checked all vac lines (ai still on the bike) found the tank vent wasn't plugged into the little plastic thing at the other end plugged it in. After bike runs a minute or so it dies. Swapped his coil for mine and still no go. Battery has power, started the bike this morning. Any ideas? I'm removing the AI from it Tuesday afternoon and would like to have it sorted. my only other guess is sidestand switch but this happens while bike is in neutral as well.

Craigore

TT Racer
Weird... same is happening to mine! I suspect it's something fuel related. Mine starts and runs fine for a spell and then bogs down under throttle and dies while idling. Did the gas sit all winter? I'm going to drain my tank and pull the bowls and check the jets... I suggest your friend do the same.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
hah, no not a real winter here at all and the petcock was checked. my guess is that the tip over sensor is bad or the rectifier is going out but I want guru advice and tutelage