ARK and side covers!!

Skeeter

Rocker
i just installed my new awesome BC ARK on my thruxton. wooow its awesome.

my question is ive seen bikes with a lil bit of the k&n filter showing. mine doesnt show at all. soooo are you guys cutting part of the side covers to expose the filters? im about to buy a set off ebay to cut apart.

S

Shopshirt

Airbox removal is the modification that exposes the airfilter. Sometimes called an ARK. There are several how to threads on removing it and a couple on how to modify it by cutting it up, or drilling holes in it. There are several different options to choose from so read up on the modification and decide what you ultimately want to do.

Airbox removal is the modification that exposes the airfilter. Sometimes called an ARK. There are several how to threads on removing it and a couple on how to modify it by cutting it up, or drilling holes in it. There are several different options to choose from so read up on the modification and decide what you ultimately want to do.

I believe he said he had already done the ARK and was curious as to how others proceeded with exposing the filters from behind the side covers, thus allowing for more airflow into the filters.

Skeeter

Rocker

yea thanks for telling me about what the mod is, i guess i should add to my org post i just installed my new awesome BC ARK on my thruxton
so back to my question, what are you guys doin to your side covers? is anyone cutting the front part out a bit? im thinking of buy some side covers of ebay and gettin the die-grinder out

Last edited:
S

Shopshirt

Sorry about that...I misread your post I thought you were saying that you were going to install an ARK. My bad...just trying to help.

Skeeter

Rocker
Sorry about that...I misread your post I thought you were saying that you were going to install an ARK. My bad...just trying to help.

all good dude. 300 bucks is a lot for the kit but its really nice and makes my bike sound awesome. (plus santa got me the ARK)

D9

Vendor
A set of side covers by one of our own, REVOLT (although he hasn't been
around for awhile)... quite a bit removed... if they mine think I'd start with
a tighter initial contour cut around the pod... tweak 'til it looks good to you :D

ChristmasTrainBonnie043.jpg

ChristmasTrainBonnie042.jpg

Last edited:

Skeeter

Rocker
that looks good D9. i might do somehting like that. thanks for posting
i have a PBR cap on the bango fiting on my oil cooler. fits on there perfect.

Skeeter

Rocker
i saw you posted those rad side cover before. some guy makes them right? are they pricey? right now im lookin to show off the filters some more.

mikenva

Rocker
side covers mater if you use a k&n type filter that only flows out the side of the filter.If you run uni foam filters side covers dont mater because they flow in a stright line out the back of the filters.

rodhotter

Scooter
there are a lot of options on that, a spare set to cut up is a good idea! on the FI models its said a gutted airbox with hi-flo filter and bellmouth works well!