AI elimination

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I did a search for AI elimination but I can't find out exactly where the AI occurs. I would guess that the AI kit will come with instructions, but can anyone point me to where I can find out more about it?

Also, I discovered that the exhaust headers have little screws on the front vertical lengths. One on each header. Why are they there??

Thanks!

KingBear

Hooligan
The screws in the headers are for inserting probes to measure the emmissions. You can't measure for each cylinder reliably at the tailpipe because there is a crossover pipe below connecting the headers, so the resulting emmissions are a combination of both cylinders.

The air injection system is mounted to the frame under the fuel tank. The system is fed by a large rubber hose leading from the air box to the control valve under the tank, and splits from there to tubes leading to each cylinder just outboard of the spark plugs. Removal is simple, you just need to have the right bolts to plug the holes in the cylinders, and also plug the hole inthe air box to prevent unfiltered air from entering the system.

Last edited:

Demar

Two Stroke
Don't you also have to take care of (or live with) the AI error code when removing the AI system?

Mark

750cc
The bike doesn't pop or fart on decel, the pipes are blue and since removing AI won't speed it up why bother? Just me talking to myself again.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Well I'll be doing a bit more to the bike and the AI kit is very cheap (relative to everything else I'm doing!) so why not? My bike does pop quite a bit on decel. I like to have everything running as well as it should and if I can achieve a cooler running engine then I will.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Well the kit turned up today. The instructions seem fairly clear. Looks like a fair bit of stuff will come off the bike.

LoVel

Two Stroke
I think he was talking about the error code the computer gives for taking off the AI. Tuneecu will fix it.