Advice making an offer

Hi -

I am in the market for a 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100, 16K miles. At a local used motorcycle shop, I found a nice Bonneville for $6K out the door. Only trouble is there are 2 dents in the gas tank, and the bike appears to have been laid down on the right side, evidenced by visible scratching on the pipes. Otherwise it is mechanically sound, and full service has been performed by the sho, valves and fluids etc. The rear tire also looks a little low. I would be willing to pay about 5K out the door in cash, but they don't seem open to negotiate. I may go back this week to make an offer. How would you approach the shop owner to get the price down?

RabidRIder

Attachments

• photo10237.jpg
    photo10237.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Clyde12

Scooter
Check out eBay or Triumph forums for comparison. Looks like there are several bikes with considerably less miles that may be a better deal even with shipping, depending on where you are. There are always deals... don't fall in love with anything. Be patient

Compared to what I'm seeing in my local Craigslist adds, the asking price for this bike is on the high end; especially with the dented tank and mileage. If they're holding firm on price, I'd walk away. There are other deals to be had.