2010 Thruxton SE

Saw this on Motorcyclenews.com. Looks kind of ugly, imo. And, as with all Triumph Modern Classic SE's, not a single performance improvement.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
it claims pricing is tbd, anyone heard anything? My 2010 isnt in yet, and I might be convinced to change my mind>!>

jhillier71

Street Tracker
found a few pics on autoblog

Triumph will sell a limited number of this new Bonneville Thruxton SE limited edition in 2010.

The Thruxton SE is the first Triumph motorcycle to be painted in the new Crystal White paint colour, which Triumph says has a high metallic content.

A red stripe runs the length of the bike, and the frame is powdercoated red – an idea also used on the 2009 Daytona 675 SE, which had a unique blue frame.

A genuine Triumph accessory headlight cowl is also fitted, and is colour-matched to the Crystal White with the red stripe.

Mechanically the Thruxton SE is unchanged from the standard Thruxton – the 865cc air-cooled parallel twin is the same, and the tubular steel frame is identical underneath the new powdercoating.

Basic telescopic forks and twin rear shocks remain – the bodywork is also unchanged beyond the new paint combination.

Price and availability for the Thruxton SE is yet to be announced.

Attachments

• triumph_thruxton_se_2.jpg
    triumph_thruxton_se_2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
  • triumph_thruxton_se_3.jpg
    triumph_thruxton_se_3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
  • triumph_thruxton_se_4.jpg
    triumph_thruxton_se_4.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
  • triumph_thruxton_se_5.jpg
    triumph_thruxton_se_5.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
  • triumph_thruxton_se_6.jpg
    triumph_thruxton_se_6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
  • triumph_thruxton_se_7.jpg
    triumph_thruxton_se_7.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Craigore

TT Racer
Pfffffff

Performance improvements would have made me consider buying it.

Honestly, anyone can have their frame powdercoated... arguably, it does look cool, probably even better than its predecessor..

Open your freakin' ears Triumph. WE WANT BETTER PERFORMANCE.

R.Hawks

Two Stroke
Pfffffff

Performance improvements would have made me consider buying it.

Honestly, anyone can have their frame powdercoated... arguably, it does look cool, probably even better than its predecessor..

Open your freakin' ears Triumph. WE WANT BETTER PERFORMANCE.

1+
70 - 80 RWHP would be nice!

Craigore

TT Racer
Agreed. If Triumph actually looked at the spending habits of owners on aftermarket versus name brand parts, they'd learn something. Most of us drop a couple thousand on up on that kind of stuff...