You never know

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I am writing this not as a sympathy search but just to say you never know what is around the next corner of life but I have to say it is all about trying to live it to its fullest each day, which I don't mean by going a million miles an hour and trying to do everything it is about doing what you want to do and if you want to go for a ride then DO IT!!!!!!! Don't own a bike and leave it parked up as an expensive dust collector. Park up the cage and ride the bike to work instead. I ride my bike/s every day even in the rain, I just say to people it makes you appreciate the dry days even more just like riding in the cold (We don't get it that cold in QLD Aus) spring is like being in heaven so sometimes if the weekend is full up with stuff at least I have had some riding but by the time Monday morning rolls around it just feels like an eternity since the last ride and it feels sooooo right to get back on the bike that going to work is almost an enjoyable experience.

But at the moment I am sitting here writing this and it is a beautiful day out side on a long weekend and the reason for that is I popped into work Saturday morning just to polish off a bit of unfinished business so there wouldn't be a shit load waiting for me on Tuesday only to have some sort of weird seizure while at the computer. I called the missus up to come and get me to take me up to the hospital to see what had happened as it had happened Thursday night as well only to find out there is a Tumour on the brain. So that means while on the medications they have given me and while there are seizures going on..... no riding the bike/driving possibly working until this can get sorted. Being told that was one thing but to be in the car this morning while watching the brother in law ride my bike home was a bit depressing. Oh well next trip I suppose is seeing if this thing can come out of the head without too many side effects......good thing though is the Dr at the hospital said it didn't appear to be malignant just Benign so there is always a good and the bad to everything.

One thing though when this is all cleared up I am straight on the phone to a guy that I have been huming and harring with about buying his 2007 1050 tiger. The hold up has been trying to decide what bike to sell, the Thrux or the T100 to really be able to afford it but I think I will just add her to the stable, drop the insurances on all the bikes to just 3rd party fire and theft and put single regos on the Thrux and T100 and hopefully will be able to have all three.......worst case scenario is one my have to go but I am sure a good time will have been had and it is not like the money has been pissed against the wall...as I always say to the missus you can always sell them if money becomes tight. So if you are sitting there reading this and the sun is beaming outside and the temperature is pleasant 18 deg c ..........WHY????? get on ya bike man and riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hankmarx

750cc
Chin up, Two Dogs. Our problems do not define us, our approach to them does. It sounds like you have the right approach for you going on. Heal quick!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Yeah, it sucks the way things can go.... and how much of life we waste. Its our fate. As many times as I swear I will break out of the rut, I appear to be stuck in it pretty deep.

So sorry to hear about all this crap. Please keep up your morale -- you will get through this with all your marbles intact. Take care of youself and please let us know how it goes.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Thanks guys for the thoughts. I am at the moment not doing much just sitting around catching up on some movies that have been down loaded and have wanted to watch for a while but what I have started watching is Sons Of Anarchy series..........I have to ask is it a comedy because shiiiiit is it funny??......how many bullets does it take at close range to hit somebody and they all have sex with their clothes on, yeah on occasions you do see a bit of Jacks arse but that just doesn't do it for me and the scene where him and his Dr Old Lady go for it with a fresh corpse still in the room.......Kinky........Kinkier if they had of involved him, but I suppose that would make it a different time slot and what is it with the white sand shoes and being able to ride with a cigarette hanging out the side of your mouth without any ambers flying into your lovely golden locks.........bloody good giggle, I am loving it but what I am loving more is seeing old peg again from married with children....didn't watch or like the show that much but I loved to watch her......made me realise I had a MILF fetish before I even knew what one was....Pre Internet days. Many an argument was had about who was better the Daughter or Peg. I am thinking of letting the Brother in law have the bike to ride while I am not using it as he hasn't ridden for a long time and after the trip back home which is about 45 minutes he said the hardest thing about riding the bike was stopping..........at my place to give it back. I have been trying for years to convince him to get another bike so this may have ignited the spark, I may just have to fan it a little bit more. Cheers again guys, I will be speaking to a surgeon Tomorrow.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Just an update, back from Hospital and none the wiser so it is MRI's and tests etc for the next 6 weeks until they can decide what it is in there and then decide what to do with it. But because of the seizures by law I am not allowed to ride for a minimum of 6 months!!!! I am just soooooo glad that I got to ride to work that morning for that last time (hopefully not for ever) and not be like some of the guys I work with who have the bike parked up waiting for a reason, why I don't know, to ride their bike but every day they are at work saying , gee it is a nice day I should of rode the bike but the daughter parked her car behind it and oh I went to ride this morning and it was a bit chilly and blah blah blah........it really confuses me incredibly. Is the bike there as a genuine interest or just as some sort of a bragging right?? I am always saying to my boys to get off of their arse and put down the stupid computer games and go and do something, walk the dog, ride a push bike, do SOMETHING because tomorrow you may be in a wheel chair and just going down to mow the lawn would be a pleasure that you would be whinging about not being able to do anymore. I can imagine if I had my bike parked up with an intention of riding it one day, some day, sooon and then being told that you can never ride again, I would definitely be saying to myself WHY did I stop riding, oh and how much I want to be riding again. I can sort of understand some people saying that they do not ride due to responsibilities to the family etc but I myself would hate to go through life thinking that I personally denied somebody from doing what they wanted to really do when it was actually them that made the decision and it wasn't even me that told them what to do and what not to do. I think some people with their attitudes with others can be selfish and self centred but then I think some people use others as an excuse as to what they do or don't do or didn't achieve and that in its own is far worse. You have been given one life, live it and be who you really are and that is the person who the people close to you should really love, not some watered down condensed version that you have decided to be and then blame somebody else for being like that.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
You have been given one life, live it and be who you really are and that is the person who the people close to you should really love, not some watered down condensed version that you have decided to be and then blame somebody else for being like that. - Twodogs.

Much of what you have written is profound and heartfelt, but THAT, sir - that sentence right there is Beautiful. Keep this in mind and also heed your other fine words and take pleasure in the simple things. Perhaps a push bike, dog walk, hike in the woods. Its really within you to find the pleasure in these things, and they can be every bit as good as riding.

What you are saying, at the very core, you are saying that what matters is love for life, and love for others. I couldn't agree more.

Last edited:

strokerlmt

TwoDogs......hang tough....stay humble....feel every moment.....you will make it through this road block....."press on"

LMT

I know what your going through, having gone through back issues for the last year. It got down right depressing to see all the riders on the road and not be one of them. Finally had surgery three weeks ago and went for a short ride the other day. Although it was short, it was the best ride ever. Keep that future ride in mind and I hope you heal quick.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Thanks all, I know these bikes of mine are going to be clean as by the time they are back on the road, the Thrux has now been stripped right down and ready for a massive clean. I must admit it is so much easier dropping off the wheels to clean and polish them up and especially when using a cloth glove instead of a rag. Will also give me some time to sort some issues out with the T100..... On another interest the Missus brought home a couple of English Staffy pups (Both Brothers) a couple of weeks ago so they have really been getting all of our attention and giving the older girl hell.....and she is loving every bit of it after loosing her mate of 11 years about 3 months ago......... Hey Partime bonridr I hope your back gets better in a hurry and those rides get much longer. Cheers TD

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Glad you're keeping the bikes and it seems like you have a great support system at home. makes all the difference.