XXXXXXXX Parts exhaust and centerstand

Status
Not open for further replies.

dschief

750cc
Thanks for the info, I've been thinking about trying that exhaust system. It looks really nice for the money, and it works with a center stand. I had a Thunderbike 2 into 1 that was really cool, but no center stand provision, and it kinda block access to the oil filter. I should probably just stick with what I have though, I'm getting too piled up with "take off" parts.

dirt road

Banned
yep , thats it. The only issue I have is that with the 2into 1 you lose the the mounting point for the sidestand and centerstand "stops" that are on the left muffler. They give you a strap that mounts to the left footpeg and a rubber bumper for the c-stand , and a zip-tie and tubing to use as a sidestand stop. They work , but i'm thing of making a c-stand stop that will mount underneath at the pivot point. I just dont like the strap and bumper hanging down on the left. Otherwise , at the price, I'm happy with the quality. Excellent welds on the exhaust and no fitting issues. The bike runs fine with the baffle in, just like they said it would. It has mild decel popping but I'm gonna do the A I removal to stop that and will also try a little jetting, Already 2 people have asked if its the Arrow exhaust , and then commented on how good it looks. They also have install and sound videos on their website.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Here's the deal fellers .. The link has been removed. Why? Because it has been proven this company has been reverse engineering parts that were developed and designed by some of our small niche vendors and then having those parts mass produced in China.

Notice we dont have POP UP ads or FLASHING ads or any kind of attached ADS on this forum? Exacto-mundo. Please support the Vendors who support this forum.

strokerlmt

Its easy as shit to see who they copied. Everything is a direct knock off. Not cool as far as I'm concerned. I am old school....the original vendors spent good money to develop a product for a small market.
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
How much reverse engineering is involved with a center stand? I don't mean to be an asshole about it or are you guys just talking about the pipes?

strokerlmt

How much reverse engineering is involved with a center stand? I don't mean to be an asshole about it or are you guys just talking about the pipes?

A center stand is one thing ....BUT I happen to be a big fan of Norman Hyde products. I have one of his fork braces and steering damper. I was squinting at the 2 to 1 when I saw a real similarity to someone else. Hey everyone has to do what they have to do. I have made my own exhausts. I could make a 2 to 1 that looks cool and looks nothing like anyone else's. Then I could have them made, everything cool.
LMT

dirt road

Banned
I make custom motorcycle seats. Danged if my seats dont look like someone elses. But 71 buyers of my seats on FZ1OA dont CARE. I havnt copied anyone's "design" or "engineering" ...but they STILL look like other makers seats. I've been making seats longer than Corbin , Sargent or Myer so maybe THEIR seats are copies of mine ???????
No they are just seats. And exhaust are exhaust and stands are stands. But I wont mention the name again .

dirt road

Banned
So , now I'm wondering what "give a review of your latest part" really means. No brand names allowed ? I'm new , so am I supposed to get permission first ?

Bonafide

NBR founder
dirt road, I suggest you drop the attitude if you intend on staying on this forum. This is MY SANDBOX.

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
The Dude = benevolent dictator. He is the Sheriff in this little town (lol). He is the admin, moderator, has the final say, the sandbox owner, the destroyer of those who piss in his sandbox, in short he is "the Dude" or el Duderino if you arn't in to the whole brevity thing...

strokerlmt

Flabuck and Dirtroad......back off .....do not compare this site to RAT. Here is my read.....Dirt and Fla you have a hand full of posts....probably don't know the site owner and the players here. This site does not do controversy. The drama stays on other sites.
If you want to understand what happened with this thread go to Norman Hydes site and look at his fucking fork brace. Now go to TEC site and look at their fucking fork brace. After you do that I hope you understand, if you don't you have a problem.
LMT

Everyone just needs to cool off,this is a message forum,not a bar.We are supposed to having a good time B.S.ing about our bikes and things like that.But it is Bonafide's sandbox since he is the administrator,as guest on his forum we should abide by his rules,having seen what reverse engineering by offshore manufatures has done to other industries I see his point. If it bothers you to the point were you can't have fun and feel the need to get bent out of shape there are other forums out there. We did agree to the rules when we signed up and as administrator Bonafide has the right to review and alter post.The best thing to do is forget about this whole thing and move on,these forums are a lot of fun,I find myself spending more time on here than my 69 road runner forum,my Kubota tractor forum,and my vintage sled forum. Dirtroad and flabuck give it a chance before getting pissed off,you might grow to like it on here.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Flabuck and Dirtroad......back off .....do not compare this site to RAT. Here is my read.....Dirt and Fla you have a hand full of posts....probably don't know the site owner and the players here. This site does not do controversy. The drama stays on other sites.
If you want to understand what happened with this thread go to Norman Hydes site and look at his fucking fork brace. Now go to TEC site and look at their fucking fork brace. After you do that I hope you understand, if you don't you have a problem.
LMT

Everyone just needs to cool off,this is a message forum,not a bar.We are supposed to having a good time B.S.ing about our bikes and things like that.But it is Bonafide's sandbox since he is the administrator,as guest on his forum we should abide by his rules,having seen what reverse engineering by offshore manufatures has done to other industries I see his point. If it bothers you to the point were you can't have fun and feel the need to get bent out of shape there are other forums out there. We did agree to the rules when we signed up and as administrator Bonafide has the right to review and alter post.The best thing to do is forget about this whole thing and move on,these forums are a lot of fun,I find myself spending more time on here than my 69 road runner forum,my Kubota tractor forum,and my vintage sled forum. Dirtroad and flabuck give it a chance before getting pissed off,you might grow to like it on here.

That is some excellent advise right there. It's your money and your decision to buy what you want to buy and do so. Leave the righteousness of forum arguing to the fucktards at the other place...it's better than that here.

Bonafide

NBR founder
No need for anyone to get involved here. I do not need to explain my standpoint or my reasoning and I can solve my own issues presented here. Thread Closed. Two douchebags gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.