Wifes T120 getting workwize.

drlapo

Hooligan
Kudos to triumph for making different bags for the different models. I had suspected that they would alter only the brackets and use the same bags across the line.
I'm looking at the nylon bags for my 05 Thruxton.
The triumph stuff is good fit and quality

They are very nice mirrors but have someone hold you from hitting the floor when they tell you the price. I'd say how much but I'm embarrassed that I spent that much. Seriously. Reminds me of my Harley days. Wish I had some of that money back.LOL!

beemerrich

Street Tracker
I justified the cost of the bar ends by thinking how expensive it would be to have someone ass pack me at a traffic light...or when braking hard and the guy behind you is target fixed on your taillight. I like to know how close things are behind me and images in those mirrors are true to size, unlike some other brands who make them so convex that its hard to even see the dot in the mirror that is growing at an alarming rate!

Cheers,

--Rich

28362779461_e9d710cd80_z.jpg

Installed a Garmin Nuvi 550 on the bike today while getting ready for a 5 day trip.

I lifted the rear of the tank while fishing a gps power wire through the tunnel of the tank. Some of the heads of the bolts are tapered almost to the point od being useless. Like they've been stripped. Or there quality is pretty bad.

28336414362_62c9ca662c_z.jpg

fredv

moped
Just installed my 4th front tire on my 2016 t-120 yesterday and I think I have solved the front shaking problem. The original tire had a small shake from the get go by the time it had 10,000 miles not only was it wore out it had begun to shake real bad. The replacement shook from the get go so I tried a vintage tire I had let over from the old days a Dunlop K-70 (325-18) and it ran smooth so I ordered a Dunlop K 81 and so far has been good and smooth. I now have over 15,000 miles and other than the tire shake no problems. I did move the gear shift lever up one notch and now I can get my boot under it, also put a 4 tooth bigger rear sprocket from the 700 and it makes for a lot nicer ride. Fred V Bonaire ,Ga.

Wow, way to put the miles on! Crazy about the front tires. Are you replacing the tires yourself? I change my own and have had trouble in the past with static balancing. I would sometimes get some shake from how I installed the wheel weights, placement usually Now I triple check the heavy side and divide the weight equally on both side of the rim. B.

mjcarty

moped
Beautiful bike! What brand are the mirrors? I recently picked up a 2006 T100 and I'd like to put a pair of bar end mirrors on it. I'm not afraid to spend a bit more as long as I know I'm getting a quality product. Thanks! Mike C, Dearborn, Michigan

PhantomII

Scooter
That really is a beautiful bike, my dealer keeps trying to get my Street twin back and I was looking hard at a 120 just like yours.

Mjcarty, they are triumph brand mirrors, very high quality and very pricey at $250 each. We got 30% off but really? $250?

I think the Harley-esk boutique packaging must have been $100 alone. I hope triumph isn't starting to follow HD's business plan.

Well, this isn't good, seems the chain is way to long.

If anyone is interested, this is the answer I got from my dealership regarding the chain adjuster seemingly out of adjustment.

Bob,
Liz forwarded me your email. All of our T120's are just like this. There is still room to adjust the chain. I even spoke with Triumph about it. That is how the bike was designed. It doesn't take more than an 1/8 to1/4 turn on the adjuster to tighten the chain when it needs it.
Triumph has been getting many calls about this, especially since people are putting it on the internet as a problem. If you do have any troubles when you adjust it bring it in and we can check it out for you.

Thanks,

All is good,.........I guess........

I lifted the rear of the tank while fishing a gps power wire through the tunnel of the tank. Some of the heads of the bolts are tapered almost to the point od being useless. Like they've been stripped. Or there quality is pretty bad.

28336414362_62c9ca662c_z.jpg

That's pretty bad from the factory. I would expect a low grade bolt to look like that after a few removals-reinstalls.
For many years l worked for the USN as a aircraft engineer. I learned a lot about hardware. Top of the pyramid is NAS and Mil-Spec, at the bottom is the stuff installed on anything from China, which is almost always complete shite.
Unfortunately, hardware is almost universally targeted by the bean counters as a place for "cost reduction" just to save a few dollars.

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
I've replaced most all the bolts/nuts on my 2008 Bonneville Black with stainless steel socket head cap screws or hex head bolts, and locknuts that match the original OEM lengths and thread sizes. It took some work to source everything, but I eventually got what I needed. I wish manufacturers would go this route from the get go, but as has been stated, they have to play the pricing and profit margin game against what the market will bear.

Usually automotive is decent, but they need to keep an eye on their suppliers. Especially if sourcing from intermediaries,
As for the cost cutting, it's chump change, but they justify it over # number of units.
As you might guess it's a peeve of mine.