Where is triumph?

drlapo

Hooligan
Triumph will not be at the NYC bike show this year! No Moto Guzzi either. Royal Enfield will be there. Oh well I can check out the new BMWs

Last edited:

TriumphLance

Scooter
I wonder if their marketing department feels there's more impact from those "Live" events they have been hosting in specific Triumph dealerships in the US. The IMS shows no longer stop in Seattle...used to love going to those.

DIRK

750cc
It is less $ to do the dealer events you get a better group to view your products and make more converts that will drink the Koolaid than you do with the shows. In the calif central valley the attendance has dropped by nearly half of what attendance was 5 years ago.

drlapo

Hooligan
in 2004 I saw the Thruxton at the NYC show. I bought one. I also saw the Daytona 675 there, bought 2. then the street triple, bought it. the 1050 Speed triple, bought it. the Tiger 800, yup bought it. last year I saw the new Thruxton and I bought one. so the bike show has been profitable for Triumph just from me. I'm still going tomorrow

drlapo

Hooligan
The show date coincides with santacon. Lots of very pretty young women dressed like elves drinking and making bad decisions

KingBear

Hooligan
I don't believe Triumph has had a presence at the big shows for a long time. As a regular attendee of big trade shows myself, both the public and "trade only" variety, I understand the reluctance to shell out the kind of cash those events require.