What's it worth? 2001 Bonneville, lots of good stuff.

drlapo

Hooligan
I sold a 67 Bultaco Metralla 250 RS for $750 back in 1985
I bought it for $600 and rode it for 12 years
it is worth north of $20,000 now
who knew?

strokerlmt

Man that's a lot of pretend drama for a pretend Internet motorcycle club. I don't know about 11k or even 3.5 k , but I know a 1977 BMW R100RS sells for more than they did when new. I also know a 1964 & 1/2 Mustang is worth a lot more than a 1972 mustang, so there is president on early models being worth more. Of course it is all speculation and luck.

I grew up on BSA and Norton machines, only because we had a big Norton BSA dealer near me and in the mid and late 1970s everybody was going Japanese for the power speed and reliability. Brit bike were cheap and plentiful. A kid working at the Amoco station could afford a Commando easier than a KZ650. Of all the Nortons I had back then (5 in a row) my 71 750 Combat Commando Roadster was the best and now easily the most valuable, I sold it for $1500 in 1990 because I was tired of the breakdowns. My rambling point is this; nobody knows what bikes will be worth and which ones will be cult favorites or iconic designs. If you want to sell your bike, assign it a a value.

Not pretend drama...and not "pretend internet motor club". Far from it. This none commercial exceptionally knowledgeable group of folks are here because we don't like the bullshit on the "other" sites. You made the rambling point.....nobody knows what bikes etc etc.....I believe the writer was adamant about the 2001, way way to early to be making that kind of a strong prediction. 2KL will fit in at the other site better I believe, they like to bullshit over there.
LMT

Bonafide

NBR founder
Not pretend drama...and not "pretend internet motor club". Far from it. This none commercial exceptionally knowledgeable group of folks are here because we don't like the bullshit on the "other" sites. You made the rambling point.....nobody knows what bikes etc etc.....I believe the writer was adamant about the 2001, way way to early to be making that kind of a strong prediction. 2KL will fit in at the other site better I believe, they like to bullshit over there.
LMT

couldnt have said it better myself ..

You west coast boys sure get upset about minor stuff. Over 3300 post in 5/6 years is a lot of "none commercial, exceptionally knowledgable" opinions. With your perfect riding weather and fantastic geography, I'm surprised you have time to even use a computer, I know I would spend more time in the saddle than behind a monitor. I do very much envy your laws regarding lane splitting. I lived in Europe for several years and became very accustom to lane splitting, now here in our nations Capitol region I'm forced to suffer along behind giant SUVs driven by carpool Moms and teenagers.

Side note; drlapo, heartbreaking about your Bultaco Metralla sale, I have sold some real icons that I regret, I bet 20g hurts.

100% real drama- 0% real world. Motorcycle prices are boring, let's start a discussion about politics and religion, maybe the Duck Dynasty boys could weigh in just for fun.

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
vecchio .. bout time for you to STFU and stop stirring the pot. So far .. you've shown NOTHING but rambling BS replies.

I notice you have time to read them. In the interest of progress, I will stop feeding the trolls, I will let this thread die.

You are very fast to resort to bad language, is that your go to defense when you get upset? When a person relies on blue language as a default response, they do not have a defendable point. Your profile and photos suggest you are an avid enthusiast and a mature adult American. I am new to Triumphs, so I will read whatever repost you point towards me and not respond. You may then revel in your victory and superior intellect.

strokerlmt

Vecchio.....comments directed re my post and "0% real" here's real..."fuck off"
LMT
PS.....politics and religion is a WOFT

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
The OP asks a legitimate question, what's it worth, without venturing a price, and he gets this crap.

Balto- The OP got quite a few direct answers, actually. The crap was not directed at or from him, but instead about one of the outlier answers.