Well I thought it was finished, but...

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Here is my latest pic of my bike, in case anyone is interested! I have now got a holey chainguard finished in the same texture black powdercoat that is one lots of other bits. I thought it was finished but just realised that I haven't put the new brake lines on yet - they are stainless braided lines and the front one is shorter because the stock Bonnie line is now too long.

Then I want to do something about the seat. I would like something a bit shorter and flatter. Suspect that will have to be custom - leather would be good.

trumpy004Pcopy.jpg

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
And they say heroine is addictive!! Seriously man...I know it is your scoot and all but she is looking damn fine as she sets just like that. Just my opinion of course but part of the balance is knowing when you hit it and letting her be and I think you are there...she looks damn hot like she is!

monty

Street Tracker
I agree. Your bike looks very fine as is. I would let it rest a bit, enjoy it and then decide where you go from here.

The overall look you have is spot on. Very lean, low and looks like it's flat out standing still.

Nice job.

Monty

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Thanks guys - I think you are right. Damn - I'll just have to ride it some more...

:)

I like to ride it to a cafe in the afternoon if I'm not working and have a coffee looking at my bike. Sad but true.

monty

Street Tracker
Thanks guys - I think you are right. Damn - I'll just have to ride it some more...

:)

I like to ride it to a cafe in the afternoon if I'm not working and have a coffee looking at my bike. Sad but true.

Not sad at all.I have owned my Bonnie from new, 12yrs now. I still pull over just to sit and chill looking at the bike. When I get home I cannot walk away from the bike without stopping and turning around for a last look before I switch off the lights.

Monty

Brylcreem

Scooter
That's a real cool looking bike, I really need to step up and make some decisions on mods for my Bonnie, but I'm just enjoying riding her as she is ..... for now.

Flaco

750cc
JR,
Bike looks great...
I just bought another an '05 BB…
Just a note on the shorter brake lines…
I shortened the rear brake line as well and routed it below the swing arm…
Clean… Out of sight…

Last edited:

klem

Scooter
JimmyR the bike looks fantastic dont change the seat though it suits the lines of your bike perfectly imo!
Are they still the thruxton bars you have on?? i like the look of them!
And do they fit without any problems?? im about to do something with mine.
And you are an Aussie too! Amazing.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Mt Gambier - wow! I haven't visited this site for a little while - don't know why. I will be having a closer look at that slammer seat.

Since I took the pic here I haven't done much. I do have a rear brake line yet to install but haven't done it yet. But I have installed the shorter front line, and it fits perfectly now. And just today I finally swapped the main jets from 140 down to 135. No rich smell from the exhaust any more!

All I have done is ride heaps. I had to replace the rear pads as it still had the factory pads there.

Yes the bars are Thruxton bars. It's a bit weird in that I have had to add risers to the triple tree as for some reason they touch the tank at full lock otherwise. Can't work that one out.

I absolutely love this bike.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I don't remember, but I do remember thinking that it was an odd size. I think it might have been an imperial size.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Yup I like the old style badges way better. It's amazing how much difference they make. The screws almost match up. I had to enlarge the hole which is at the rear of the badge so they fit. I also cut some thin rubber sheeting to put behind so they didn't rattle. They're just Emgo off ebay.

monty

Street Tracker
Jimmy,
Just revisited this thread after seeing the new posts.

I stand by what I said before. You have one of the nicest Bonnies on here, fella. One I would be proud to own.
Glad to hear you have been busy riding it. My Bonnie is my only bike now. I will never part with it unless my boy wants it, then it's his.

Regards

Monty

Blkbny

Scooter
You could Plasti-dip that headlamp shell. Not the ring though, the contrast would match the other chrome/black contrasts you've got going on.