wash them off outside with cold water from a garden hose
brush off mud and dirt
then, on a sunny afternoon reproof them with Barbour wax or Nikwax, once a year
go over the garment with a hair dryer to smooth out the finish
the Barbour web site has instructions
or you can send the jacket to Barbour in Milford NH and they will do it

squidsix

Scooter
^ that. I have an old Belstaff wax jacket that I have sent to be reproofed in the UK twice in 20ish years. Cost each time was about $35, and it is still waterproof today. I ride with it nearly all winter over a fleece jacket, and it keeps my warm and dry.

beemerrich

Street Tracker
I have 30+ year old Barbour jackets...

I've toyed with getting a barbour waxed cotton number, but the nearest outlet is either detroit or chicago...no es bueno for figuring out sizing.

So which barbour would you all recommend for riding purposes?

bonZa

Street Tracker
with my waxed cotton jacket I just hang it up outside and blast it with the Guerney pressure washer

have reproofed it, but it has now gone shiny from overuse rather than the original matt finish the cotton used to be

drlapo

Hooligan
I have a bunch of Barbour jackets.
the outlet is less than 100 miles from me and it a great ride on back roads to get there
the standard A7 International is the best bike jacket or maybe the Baker which has a quilted lining
I picked up a Baker in Sandstone for $107 at the outlet. it lists for $599
they show up on eBay a lot; look for the seller from Wells ME, he shops at the outlet

I'm 5'7" and 150 lbs and wear a M or 40

they are now offering the International with armour but I think you have to order it from the UK

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
if a jacket, on eBay, has the "O" in Barbour blacked out then it is an outlet jacket
you can probably get it for half of the asking price