Vapor Digital Gauge

I just installed a Trailtech Vapor Speedo/Tach on my Bonnie. It's a pretty clean and cheap little unit. I'd rather have analog gauges but I haven't found any that I really liked (and can afford). A friend of mine picked this unit up for a bike project and never ended up using it, so he just gave it to me. Pretty sweet deal huh?

Anyway, here she is:

vapormounted.jpg

It was VERY easy to install. My friend had already made a bracket to mount it to his bike, so all I had to do was drill & tap 2 holes in my top clamp. The wiring is simple. I hooked the power up to my tail light (easy to find switched power wire) and it comes with it's own speed sensor and tach wire. It also has a temperature sensor, but I left that off and now the temp just reads the ambient air temp.

I'm still working on the programming for the tach, but hopefully I'll get that sorted soon. I think it looks good!

Last edited:

PieMan

Two Stroke
Wouldn't look good on a standard bike, but they don't look bad on modified cast wheeled bikes. You'll get used to the looks and start not to mind it once you've used the unit for a while as the functionality of the unit out weights any detriment in aesthetics.

If you measure accurately around the center of the front tyre to the mm and input that figure to the Vapor, the speedo is dead accurate, at least until the tyre wears some, but it will always be more accurate than the OEM speedo.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
it fits there very well, but it still aint quite right but hey you have a speedo and all that. I still need to get a speedo. Can't be free either. Id say you'll get used to it and it does look nice an compact so it shouldnt detract from the lines of the bike.

D9

Vendor
Wouldn't look good on a standard bike, but they don't look bad on modified cast wheeled bikes.

Agree with PieMan... not really at all out of place on your bike Jeff... would enjoy seeing some pics of the entire bike from the side view & 3/4 view... bet that Vapor unit damn near disappears and is super low profile to begin with... but I like your retro-looking headlamp LED's too :D

cynr1023

TT Racer
yeah, thought about the fact that you haven't had a guage for quite a while then figured a little washout from the sun wouldn't be too big a deal. Course it may give you a reason to fab up a dart screen or something.

I rode the bike in some direct sunlight yesterday and the display is still totally visible. The sunlight affects it a little bit, but nothing worth complaining about.