Ultimate Harley Davidson ....

koifarm

Hooligan
Wife and I were talking this morning about the stuff Harley drivers do and she suggested what may be the ultimate challenge to them, confusion and doubt notwithstanding.
Simply remove all Triumph badges from your bike and temporarily attach a full set of Harley badges instead.
This one has got to work, imagine pulling up next to a Harley driver, you wearing Harley tank top, bandanna and flip flops, and watch him or her try and process what they are seeing, in other words, it looks like a Triumph, sounds like a Triumph and has "Harley Davidson" plastered all over it and thus has to be some "new" kind of Harley motorcycle.
Iteration would run rampant for the few minutes you and he are stopped at a light while he tries to figure out what he's seeing.......gotta be a fun thing....
Now, anyone got a spare set of Harley badges???

KingBear

Hooligan
Oh yeah, they would definitely be flustered, but no way would 95% of them put together that the bike looked or sounded like a Triumph or anything else for that matter. In fact I'd bet you $50 that most of them would say something like, "Wow, what year is that?" before they would admit there was something they didn't understand.

strokerlmt

I just couldn't bring myself to do that to my machine. I believe anyone who does that will have a pox that will creep through the machine. Not starting, flat tires, bad fuel, bad everything......Koi I warn you don'tttttttt doooooo itttttt.
I'm with Jeff.....adjust your meds asap and give some to your wife.
LMT

koifarm

Hooligan
Doubling up on meds gents, if anyone has some spare opioids laying around apparently I need some....oh, wifey needs some as well.......lmao...

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I like it when you here some cashed up never had a bike or ridden a bike retired bloke talking about getting a bike and nine times out of ten they will always say they are getting a Harley,always wanted a Harley, I just love Harley's.....ask them what model and they look at you dumb and just answer "A Harley Davidson??" It is like the bike chooses the people. I work with a knuckle draggin bogan and his 84 pan head was definitely made for him, he was thinking of getting a Triumph American but said why would I get that when I can simply get the real thing. So far his $12,000 Pan head has cost $35,000 total with repairs and it still brakes down spitting belts and the rear brakes leak etc. In the five years he has owned it I have seen it at work no more then ten times. Both of my Triumphs that cost heaps less total are always in the car park at work...not at the same time of course. I love the look of the Forty Eights but just couldn't bring myself to be part of that community. I had a sales man trying to convince me that they were better than the Bonnies when I was at a Harley display...of course I was wearing a triumph shirt. He asked had I done any work to mine and I said just pipes, pods and jets and he said that the 48 had more power standard to which I replied that it was about $3000 dearer had an 8 litre tank which needed refuelling every 100k and to have a 12 litre upgrade was $1000 plus paint, couldn't carry a pillion and was an extra cost again if you wanted to and it couldn't go around corners without scraping all of the time...I could have my Bonnie standing on the back wheel for that sort of money and still have the missus on the back sitting comfy and would be able to get around corners and be able to get 220k between refuels........he had no answer

I work with a knuckle draggin bogan and his 84 pan head was definitely made for him, he was thinking of getting a Triumph American but said why would I get that when I can simply get the real thing. So far his $12,000 Pan head has cost $35,000 total with repairs and it still brakes down spitting belts and the rear brakes leak etc. In the five years he has owned it I have seen it at work no more then ten times.

There is no such thing as an '84 Panhead. Also, Panheads never had belt drive. Sounds like you don't have your info straight.

Craigore

TT Racer
84 is most likely a shovelhead... the last year before the evos. i think that 65 or 66 was the last year of the pan (i have a 51 panhead- a REAL harley)...
i probably know more about harley history than most that ride them... but if you asked me what FLX, FLH, FUCKYPP, SEXYHD, ETC. were, I would never be able to tell you what abbreviation of what model the bike is. Besides the xlch, because I have had a few of them.

jphickory

Banned
I think the "us against them" thing is silly. The measure of a man is not related to his choice of locomotion. I believe the mind set originates from a desire to belong to a group and have a common adversary. There are real enemies in this world but they are not riding Harleys.

henrys

Street Tracker
I think the "us against them" thing is silly. The measure of a man is not related to his choice of locomotion. I believe the mind set originates from a desire to belong to a group and have a common adversary. There are real enemies in this world but they are not riding Harleys.

I think it's more "us vs douche bags". Here's one in my hood. Same concept, different set of wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_20120616_215014.jpg
    IMG_20120616_215014.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0

Twodogs

Street Tracker

Don't get me wrong, it is not a case of "Us against them" or bagging the guy that chooses what he GENUINELY likes and has a true passion for, it is bagging they guy that is to ignorant to notice and appreciate what else is out there. I also work with other guys that have harleys and know the models and about the bikes but they also appreciate other brands as well. I like all bikes and can also say that I don't like all of the Triumph range, I have an opinion based on what I truly like not what someone tells me. It is like Kiofrm said, take the Badges off a Triumph and some of the so called "Harley" fans would just assume it is a harley. I suppose it is the power of advertisement when you can convince a certain demographic that everything on the road is a harley and if it is not then it is not worth knowing about.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I thinks it because most places its 95% Harley. Here it is anyway. And the Harley riders are annoyingly similar to each other. Don't know about you but I certainly don't fit the mold. HD is like the Bud Light of motorcycles - its the default go to brand for most people.

KingBear

Hooligan
Trash talking is all just just part of the friendly rivalry, and the Harley road pirates are such an easy mark! Those folks are crying out to be ridiculed both individually and collectively.

Seriously, the HD crowd suffers from endless "me too" comments, but I prefer our malady which consists of all the old guys who see our bikes and launch into stories that start with, "I remember way back when..."