Ultimate Adventure Bike

Bonafide

NBR founder
The original bike in this thread is not a movie prop. Whatever, you're an asshole, but that's not news to anyone.

REALLY?!?!? It's a tribute bike to a movie prop bike!?!? So should we bash it and it's builder some more? Or maybe keep trying to BS what McQueen would do if he was here? :shh:

Starting to get the point of me kicking you in your fat chubby cooze? No? Ok, STFU and quit bashing people's bonnevilles you self righteous prick.

jphickory

Banned
Typically the guy that resorts to personal insults lacks the ability to win a disagreement based on merit. I enjoy this forum and appreciate that the Dude made it happen. But treating Jeff like that is bullshit and makes me wonder what the heck I’m doing here.

strokerlmt

Jeff....what is the deal....why so aggressive....You remind of me when I was 30 years old. It was my way or the highway, I immediately drew a line in the sand and no one betta step across it even if they were righteous. Then I found out there are a lot of peopel out there that know a lot of shit that would be useful to me. Not preaching...think about it.....
LMT

Bonafide

NBR founder
Jeff isnt going to see yall's replies. He is no longer a member of this forum.

jphickory is gone as well - even tho he's tried to re-register to the forum twice today.

I dont do much moderation on this forum at all, but dont mistake my passive personality as weakness. And, poking me with a 'I dare you to ban me' stick doesnt work well in your favor.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I don't blame you.

Seemed to me Jeff was either having a bad day or he just wanted to get banned.

jp and I could never quite communicate - he kept getting the wrong meaning until I told him I didn't appreciate it. Then he just dropped it.

In my experience if people have to choose between whats best for them or their own little bullshit voice in their head, they rarely make the logical choice.

strokerlmt

Sal my experiences with Jeff was great useful comm or aggression. He seems like a great guy inside and I hope he gets it together....
LMT

Bonafide

NBR founder
I think he is a quintessential Type A personality and the constant need to argue and posture his opinion is tiresome. The baiting me to ban him? .. who knows, but he definitely picked the wrong day for that approach.

Craigore

TT Racer
I think he is a quintessential Type A personality and the constant need to argue and posture his opinion is tiresome. The baiting me to ban him? .. who knows, but he definitely picked the wrong day for that approach.

True. He used to be a nice guy, at least judging so from his earlier posts on the other forum. Maybe just got tired of oil and rejet threads.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
:woot: Does anybody else see the irony of having a debate over a "poser" bike when you use the bike McQueen rode on in The Great Escape? Last time I checked, GB didn't make a whole hell of a lot of Triumphs for the Nazis so that bike was "posing" as a BMW (forgive me for putting those three letters together please). :woot::playin:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
There are a couple of things, like McQueen as an icon. He is like the patron saint to some people and they feel like they know him, or know about him.

But more to the point I think Jeff was trying to make a distinction between authenticity and fakery. He just didn't make his argument very eloquently. To Jeff it was already 100% clear and obvious that McQueen being a paid actor riding a fake was one thing (legit) while someone buying a repro McQueen Truimph repro BMW was a fool. Yes it is easy for me to confuse the two as well - but to a McQueen fan its not at all. Apples and oranges.

Its like an old joke my dad used to tell -

What's the difference between a clown and a fool?

Answer: A clown gets paid.

Last edited:

KingBear

Hooligan
Wow, I just posted this thread because I thought the bike looked pretty cool. I never imagined folks would be so critical and hostile. Now I regret starting the stupid thing.

It's a modern bike with vintage stuff thrown on as a tribute to the movie. Our own Bonnevilles now come with EFI styled to look like carbs for exactly the same reason. Yeah, so some of it is over the top and fake, so what? How much stuff do we put on our own bikes because we think it's cool, whether or not it functions to make it a better machine? Now that I think about it, I probably could have purchased a technically superior bike over my Bonneville, but I liked the style and heritage so I chose this one.

Lighten up, this is supposed to be fun.