Ultimate Adventure Bike

KingBear

Hooligan
Now we can all make our own Great Escape...

triumph-great-escape-dino-di-drag-racing.jpg

Steve McQueen´s Triumph is one of the most customized bikes of all time. We have seen many interpretations of the King of Cool´s bike. But some still continue to surprise us with their proposals, in this case Italian Dino Romano has achieved general applause with the "Great Escape" (inspired by a famous Steve McQueen movie), a full and customized Bonneville. The tribute bike features some great details, like the seat, a genuine relic from a World War II Harley-Davidson.

This is supposed to be a link to the builder in Italy, but all I got was a blank page. See more photos at Bless This Stuff.

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
LAME. That's not the shifter either, it's connected to the carbs enrichening circuit.
There are some cool utilitarian parts I'd put on a scrambler but no. Just stop with this shit.
To each his own I reckon but if you want a great escape bike build an old one that way.

LoVel

Two Stroke
If you really need it there is a McQueen Bonnie on Ebay. Bids start at $12000 or buy it now for $14000.

I wouldn't consider it for more than $7000 myself.

Dave

Street Tracker
I like how they wiped mud on the tires for the photo shoot instead of letting the bike earn it

I think that shift lever is connected to the shift shaft, but I don't see a clutch. It's just another fashion poseur bike built for a photo shoot. Steve McQueen would kick this bike off its kickstand.

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
It does look to be built as form over function. Not everyone can build a bike like yours Jeff. :shrug:

... and only a punkass would kick someone's bike off it's kickstand. McQueen was too cool for that.

It does look to be built as form over function. Not everyone can build a bike like yours Jeff. :shrug:

... and only a punkass would kick someone's bike off it's kickstand. McQueen was too cool for that.

I'm just saying that a lot of these bikes built with his name on them, or built as tributes to him, he would never ride.

Bonafide

NBR founder
I'm just saying that a lot of these bikes built with his name on them, or built as tributes to him, he would never ride.

You mean like dressing up a 62' Triumph 650 to look like an old 40s era German military BMW? Yeah, he would never do that ..

He was into performance bikes. Triumphs were performance bikes back in the day. These faux patina'd fake vintage bikes are fashion accessories.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I have to admire the non-chopper bike customizers. It's nice to look at them and wonder what the hell their thought process is. That newbonnie "Tribute" bike is pretty good looking at first glance. And for what it is, it's pretty damn nice.

BUT..... I always get to thinking about why these builders do what they do.

I'm always a bit more impressed at a bike that the builder looks to actually improve something like the handling, or the weight, or the performance, Yadda yadda.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Where am I contradicting myself, Bud?

It's easier to answer when are you not .... A. rarely.

You obviously have no real clue the BS you're spewing and that became the norm with you a loong time ago .. and I should probably leave it alone - BUT - the legendary 62 TR6 that was ridden by Steve McQueen in the Great Escape WAS in fact a faux patina'd fake of a vintage bike .. ya douche.

:stupid:

Hedge

American Infidel
Dam - this is the first time I have opened NBR from work since my last debacle and all I can say is "OUCH"!

It's easier to answer when are you not .... A. rarely.

You obviously have no real clue the BS you're spewing and that became the norm with you a loong time ago .. and I should probably leave it alone - BUT - the legendary 62 TR6 that was ridden by Steve McQueen in the Great Escape WAS in fact a faux patina'd fake of a vintage bike .. ya douche.

:stupid:

It was also a prop for a movie, ya dickhead. :finger: