Triumph Wind Screens

Caveman

Scooter
Anyone got some good advice on screens for the America? Thinking of getting a summer screen for the TA07 but hear mixed reports. Have you used a T summer screen love, like it or lump it?

Cheers
Cavie

Dave

Street Tracker
I found the summer screen to be the worst of the three Triumph offers. If you like the look, I would suggest getting the mounting hardware for it, and then a Clearview screen in a taller size, and tinted. I have the Clearview Roadster replacement and it's great.

ssjones

750cc
I had the Roadster screen for about 20k, but switched to a removeable Memphis Fats. I can't remember if the '07 has the tapered fork covers. At some model year point, the mounts don't work on the newer bikes.

RonL

Scooter
I'm using the QR Chopped Switchblade. It's high enough and wide enough that buffeting is minimal.

zmilin

Street Tracker
Anyone got some good advice on screens for the America? Thinking of getting a summer screen for the TA07 but hear mixed reports. Have you used a T summer screen love, like it or lump it?

Cheers
Cavie

Im 6-0 to 6-1. I hated the Summer screen. Gave it to my g/f (5-7) and she loves it on her TA.
I currently use a Memphis AlleyCat with lowers on mine and it does just fine for me.

jyatesmp

Scooter
I have a summer screen on now...and for me It is too short...I'm 6'0"....I cant hear anything and get major wind under my helmet...I find if I hunch over It will block the wind well, but at the cost of a sore back.....I just ordered a 18" from clearview that says it will fit my summer screen mounts and They say it will be the right one.....

Ill let you know how it turns out.

LA_Geezer

Scooter
I think I would like to experiment with the Clearview screen, but as the 2011 Speedmaster and America models are slightly different from their predecessors, it's not completely certain whether their screen for earlier models will actually work. Does anyone know?

LA_Geezer

Scooter
Got a summer screen on the bike, love it! Works for me~!

Me too. Yep, there's a lot of buffeting when you get up there past ~ 70 MPH, but I think that's probably true of any minimally-sized screen. I was thinking of the Clearview screen also mentioned in this thread, but at another forum, posters mentioned that the mounting specs were off a good bit and the company would not replace the screen with another. That was enough for me to nix it.

jyatesmp

Scooter
When I got my Clearview I had no issues. It had some protective plastic on it and said as long as that plastic was still on it I could return it if it did not fit properly. IMO one bad review would not be a reason to nix them. Now If you had several saying the same thing, I'd be all for passing them up.