triumph Thunderbird 900 parts?

UPDATE now getting excited

SELLER "Hey just shipped the motor it's going with r&l carriers XXXXXXXXXXX shipping was XXXX I will take care of the difference for taking so long sorry for the delay but no one else would ship to the address every one wanted the package picked up at the terminal."

Tracking number

"This shipment is in transit with an estimated due date of 09/03/10. Please note, Appointment, Residential, and COD Shipments may require additional days for service. "

So has 13 days to get to container. Starting to think its gonna happen.

Pinwall quote US$287.63

With pinwall you dont get headers, starter,alternator or wiring. So guess weight would be less.
The dif was not a great deal more in the end, than i paid and was actually less than 287.63. Also, though He said He will pay difference. When engine arrives I will send him the money as I am still way ahead for cost of one here.

Still need a manual if anyone can help

Last edited:

nohawk

Rocker
I've found service manuals online for under ten bucks. It's pretty cool, you just print out the sections you need or carry your laptop to the garage.

I've found service manuals online for under ten bucks. It's pretty cool, you just print out the sections you need or carry your laptop to the garage.

Do you have a web address? I cant find any on 900 t/birds at all?

Update on progress of motor

8/30/2010 - Picked Up in MIAMI, FL

8/30/2010 - 6:34:49 PM - Arrived at origin terminal

8/30/2010 - 8:05:53 PM - Departed origin terminal in route to ATLANTA, GA

8/31/2010 - 8:23:18 AM - Arrived at ATLANTA, GA

9/1/2010 - 2:48:58 AM - Departed ATLANTA, GA in route to LOS ANGELES, CA

9/3/2010 - 6:48:11 AM - Arrived at LOS ANGELES, CA

9/3/2010 - 12:42:45 PM - Departed LOS ANGELES, CA in route to destination terminal

9/3/2010 - 1:40:51 PM - Arrived at destination terminal

9/7/2010 - 11:55:00 AM - Delivered

So it should now be loaded in container to be shipped on 17th September
Very exciting stuff

nohawk

Rocker
Cool how you can track stuff nowadays, Ill try to find where I got the manual for my screwed up Daytona and let you know.

New motor has now been sitting here a couple of weeks now while I try to get a shed to clear all other stuff out of Sunroom to work on it properly. Other than what appears to be a small gasket leak near sump (may not be, could just be engine being transported on side). It all looks good. Was cool to get engine complete with starter and all wiring loom including sidestand as well as headers!
Cant wait to set this up on a stand, clean her up and then set about bench starting her.

Was thinking of bumping yr cracked head thread Nohawk. As not sure whether you got head welded yet.

Oh and I managed to get a Triumph manual for this model on CD with a full part numbers listing also.

On a different note. The guy who was the broker lives about an hour from me so picked motor up from his place rather than the docks. He had quite a few bikes there. Some He bought and others bought by other people that He exported for them.

Spoke with a good mate and we are actually thinking of exporting a complete bike, to sell here. As it looks like we can get at U.S prices plus GST (But no duties)

Some of bikes He had there were bought around 4,500 mark and here would fetch 8 grand upwards! Anyway if go ahead will start a new thread on this.

Last edited:
Sixty-6 How is your Thunderbird coming along ?

Really good and new engine in and running. Master cylinder on clutch needs a new kit which only arrived last week. So still need to fit that and bleed clutch
plus few instrument bulbs to replace and a bit of detailing. But then should be ridable. Engine with staintunes sounds as sweet as!

Made one other change to :)

bonny

b2.jpg

T/bird

b4.jpg

Eyebrow actually follows pinstripe on T/bird tank, which is actually covered when have harmonica badge on T/bird tank?

Last edited:

Sixty-6

Scooter
Looks good. I think we have the same bikes. I have a 2001 Bonneville ,same paint as yours and I also aquired a black 1995 Triumph Thunderbird with 19k miles. I just finished cleaning the carbs , rejetted and made a few simple mods. I'll post pics soon.

Well I have found a way to flush and change coolant on my T/Bird lol

bleedingclutch.jpg

Still not impressed with fact you cant see water level without seat and tank removal. BUT....

Bike is now finished and running sweet as !!!

Will add some pictures with bike together once i finish detailing

All finished other than modifying airbox, changing bars (way too short will go back to standard) and a few bits that can all be done while I am using HIM (too manly to be a she)

Singapore bike

US motor with 4000 miles only

and now a new Ozzie ;-)

Mr multiculture the T/Bird

42248d1318497583-photos-of-your-triple-classics-pics-only-no-comments-ratnet.jpg

tbirdjai.jpg

ROAD TEST

I trailored the bike to a friends property today that had roads very similar to Carlisle Ave, Bungarabee Rd, Reservoir Rd, M4 and Great western Highway.

And got a chance to put it through its paces.

The clutch needs adjusting as very stiff into 3rd and fourth and same changing down. And being hydraulic I am not quite sure how to adjust it just yet. Will read up.

Also I did a repair on the chain prior to ride, which has held well, but i was not confident enough to really get too much speed up, but at 140, which did not really seem to be an effort at all, for motor which felt little more than idle or for that matter get the pipes sounding as loud as they can be. I did notice I had a slight click noise that I think may have been chain/sprockets needing replacing.

As chain is original with 17,000 km's anyway. I think I will replace, before I really push it.

The engine which looked really good after my cleaning. Developed a powdery look after the ride and warmth. This wipes off, but I obviously need to find another type of cleaner.

I find my left wrist gets very numb on this bike (Would never be able to do long ride with the pain it gives me). I put this down to 7/8th bars and the length. I think I not only need to replace bars but also add thicker grips, so I am not clenching bars so much.

Otherwise all good.

PB030005.jpg

Can just see powdery look on motor. But is actually much worse than picture shows it

Gonna try Autosol cream. But if anyone has any other recommendations. would love to hear

Last edited:
Been awhile and had a few hic cups with having to rebuild master and slave cylinder and clutch plates needed to be pulled out and cleaned due to standing so long.

But bike is now registered and on the road !

Not hapy with bars, as it came fitted with T/bird Sports bars which I hated and now has aftermarket ones which are not as wide or high as stock ones.

And I just cant seem to obtain a pair of original stock bars anywhere ?

030712.jpg

The K & Q was also hard to find but sooooo comfortable !