Triumph Open Day 2014 - Vid

Mr.Noisy

Scooter
Dear All,

All UK Triumph dealers had an open day yesterday. I went to my local dealer with 2 of my mates and we tried a variety of bikes. They were looking for new bikes, me not so much so just tried some for fun. In total we tried the Thunderbird LT, Explorer 1200, Daytona, SpeedTriple, Street Triple R and Tiger 800 XC.

I now have a Thruxton, but used to have a Street Triple and my mates both have Street Triples. The guy that tried the Daytona and Street Triple R will be getting the Street Triple R next. The guy that tried the Speed Triple and Tiger 800XC will be having a Speed Triple R next. I'm going to stick with my Thruxton, but enjoy riding other bikes for a giggle, especially when the dealer is paying for the fuel! :)

Here's the vid... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RS3zfDDYhU

Please say if you like it... or not! It's a bit dull, and I'm not great at editing, but it was a fun day! A bit windy for good sound though.

Also, it was the first time that I had the skeleton case on my GoPro and I must say that the Predator exhausts on my Thruxton just sound AMA-ZING. :)

Ride Safe!

Roger

Street Tracker
Nothing wrong with that vid. I can sit through lunmad's videos (YouTube) and come away with something I enjoy. Nice to see all the bikes sitting there waiting and the scenery. I watch these just to see something different compared to the prairies here. At least where you are, there seem to be more than enough bendies.

I was surprised at how good the Thruxton sounds using the GoPro. Those new bikes... what sound? :) As long as the three of you had fun. Get to ride something different at someone elses expense, always good.

Mr.Noisy

Scooter
It was great fun! Thanks!

I have BC Predators on the Thruxton, and the bikes we rode were the std pipes that they come with, so being fair, they would have been a lot louder with Arrows on...

And there ARE plenty of bendies! The UK is a small place with lots of roads, so they have to be bendy! :)

OMG Mr. Noisy... First and foremost, thanks for sharing. I, being a Thruxton rider, am partial to it's "pipes" and aggressive posture. Your fade- in's and fade- out's were a nice editing touch.

Absolutely loved the Swans crossing your path (lol)...

I ride in Los Angeles, so your left side of the rode riding was an interesting view point , to say the least. I think I would kill myself in your country.

Ride Safe, and thanks for the video.

YellowThruxGirl

Mr.Noisy

Scooter
You'd get used to riding on the 'correct' side of the road quite quickly! :lol:

We have to when we go to Europe as they drive / ride on the right. I've driven in the states quite a lot and after 10 mins or so you are used to the different side... I like the right turn at a stop light rule especially! Took me a while to realise why people behind were being impatient even though there was a red light! :D

Ride safe...

marty

Scooter
Nice video, see you have nearly as many potholes as we do in Yorkshire.
I missed our local open day (I usually go) but my wife had other ideas, like digging the allotment !!
Must try and get some videos up here in Yorkshire, some of the roads are really good nick now especially where the Tour de France route is, which coincidentally is on some of the best biking roads.

strokerlmt

OMG Mr. Noisy... First and foremost, thanks for sharing. I, being a Thruxton rider, am partial to it's "pipes" and aggressive posture. Your fade- in's and fade- out's were a nice editing touch.

Absolutely loved the Swans crossing your path (lol)...

I ride in Los Angeles, so your left side of the rode riding was an interesting view point , to say the least. I think I would kill myself in your country.

Ride Safe, and thanks for the video.

YellowThruxGirl

Hey YelThruxG…..wish we could hear more from our super lady rider…..
LMT

D9

Vendor
Great video Mr Noisy, well done... scenic areas where roads look narrow but fun,
and of course can't stop myself from thinking you're on the wrong side...
all in all looks like it was a good day! The swan crossing is priceless... :D
Looks like the Thunderbird and 1200 have plenty of go...

marty

Scooter
Enjoyed the video, I know the Cotswolds a bit, great biking.

Reminded me of how much I loved my Street Triple, but happy with the Bonnie SE now.

Where was the cam mounted on the Striple ?

Mr.Noisy

Scooter
Where was the cam mounted on the Striple ?

He had it on a sucker mount on the tank. He really needs to put it on a handlebar clamp like on my earlier videos, but he hasn't got one yet.

I might get another GoPro Hero2 for my handlebars as I miss that viewpoint, but it doesn't give such good sound...