Triumph on the dirt

GuyM

Street Tracker
Up in the Cascades, above the Entiat River Valley yesterday:

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

It was chilly up high - and beautiful. Nice ride. Except for the bear... Aw, heck, that was nice too!

Mista Vern

Scooter
As ever, nice shots, Guy! Supposed to get warm soon down here on the flats so I might have to hear up in your direction one of these days! :)

GuyM

Street Tracker
The Scram does fine in the dirt - I don't ride it fast or hard and keep to the dirt roads for the most part - at 450 pounds it sure doesn't seem like a real dirt bike to me - but the smooth torque and good traction make it a real sweet ride up and down the ridgelines.

Regards, Guy

gilligan

Scooter
Guy,

Those are some nice photos there. I so envy you guys in the west where it is actually possible to take a motorcycle off-road. vervy few places left here in CT as the entire state consists of either suburban sprawl, or "nature preserves" overseen by zealots, who don't like motorcycles, mountain bikes, skateboards, dogs, you name it.

Now that's my kind of road! Those are the kind of roads I bought my Scrambler for,and it works just fine on that type of terrain.Just stay out of sand,and deep gravel,or mud.And be careful about climbing any steep hills.You might just have to come back down that hill,and that could get hairy.

Cheers!
Bruce

Beautiful country. But I think it'd be way too cold for my tropical blood. Looks like perfect Scrambler terain though. & that'd be worth donning the thermal underwear for.
You can get a lot further off the beaten track if you ditch the deathwings & put some decent rubber on (I always reccomend Metzler Tourance). & that rubber will work a lot better if you put progressive rate suspension in (I've got Ikon's, but there's plenty of good choices). & the best weight saving mod I've made, is my Excell rims, which actually do make the bike feel like a dirt bike (albeit, a big one)
Keep up the good work. I'm always pleased to see a Scram getting dirty. Well done! & don't forget the photo's. (we like to look)