Triumph flyscreen

GuyM

Street Tracker
Okay - I got it because I thought it looked cool, and would keep the bug splatter off my speedometer housing. Maybe even deflect a little air from my chest too.

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Cost about $150 - which seems like a lot for a little bitty piece of clear plastic and two metal brackets along with a few fasteners.

Assembly time was about a half an hour even for me. Not bad. My beer didn't even get warm.

A few days after installation, I took off on a three day, 1250 mile trip through Idaho, western Montana and eastern Washington. Rode steadily at speeds of 80 - 85 mph out in Montana. At highway speeds, anything over 50 mph, the silly little flyscreen works amazingly well. That blast of air that used to hit my chest is largely gone now! My helmet is up in clean air, with very little turbulance. If I want to escape more wind, I can lower myself over the tank and most of the wind scoots right over, just catching a little of my helmet. Pretty cool.

All in all I have to give this silly little flyspeck of a windscreen a thumbs up rating. Don't confuse it with the protection offered by a fairing or a big windscreen, but if a little relief from the wind blast is all that's desired, this little thing works surprisingly well. I was skeptical, but on the advice of a few seasoned veteran Scrambler riders decided to give it a try. Not bad at all. Made the bike much nicer to ride at highway speeds.

Regards, Guy

GuyM

Street Tracker
Naw - I was a sucker for the way the cool little Triumph flyscreen looked. Bought it for the look and hoped it would work out okay... It has.

I'm just guessing, but from looks alone I'd expect a little better wind protection from the dart screen. Beats me.