TP Dominator touring mufflers

drlapo

Hooligan
well I just wasted $600. I had been running EPCO SS silencers on my 05 Thruxton. They look good , fit well and are well made but they area a bit load for my tastes. I was going to get the Triumph TORS as I had used them before and they sound good. But they are chromed steel and my last set rusted.
So I got a pair of stainless steel Triumph Performance Dominator Touring silencers... but they don't silence. They may be a bit quieter than the EPCOs, maybe, but they are far from mellow. much too "raspy"; "touring" is a misnomer lesson learned

drlapo

Hooligan
the silencers are well made. they fit well and even the sidestand stop is kinda neat. I had hoped they would sound closer to TORS silencers but they are a couple of steps louder. TP did provide a chart showing their relative "loudness" and it is more than the
TORS . I was hoping for a bit less. The pipes are on the bike so I wouldn't expect them to take them back. they may be a bit quieter than the EPCO I took off and are now for sale. They are much larger than the EPCOs
I'll ride it again today; maybe I can live with them

drlapo

Hooligan
A friend of mine is a master welder so I figured we would weld a large washer into the silencers; it doesn't help

drlapo

Hooligan
I've ridden a few miles with the new silencers. my son stopped by today and he says they are definitely quitter than the EPCOs. maybe I was too quick to judge. they still have more of a roar than I like when I get on the throttle but I guess I can live with them

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
I didn't like the sound of the Touring Dominators either, on my 2008 Bonneville.

I guess sounds is like beauty...eye of the beholder. I had the Predators before and I found them too loud and growly. I got a the Dominator Tourings and it's the bees knees for me

qwenzel

Two Stroke
I've used D/T's on 2 different T100's and really like the way they sound. MUCHO quieter than the D+D's I used to run.