The next generation

D9

Vendor
Kinge72 - one down, three to go

2011_T100_ign_relo_1.jpg

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
Will these brackets be available sized for mini gauges?

I know I already have a D9 bracket, but that one that attaches to the thruxton preload caps is AMAZING... me want.

D9

Vendor
Kinge72,

ordering info http://www.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2305

2Monkeys - will be looking into minis but first need to get the stock gauge parts sorted.
Although they look so in the pics, the prototypes are not using the Thrux preload caps, they're modified Bonneville caps - the thrux preload caps will use a different attachment - both bonnie and thrux caps will require modification - due to cost of the caps, once these are up and running, will likely involve core exchange for stock caps...

Seth's work is aces... :worthy: I know I am stating the obvious, but I don't think enough can be said for the incredible quality, fit and finish that is put into these brackets. Thanks again Seth. Now I just need an ignition hole plug.:D

P1010073.jpg

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
MOONDOGNYC - thanks for the comments and the pic - bike looks great, would love to see more of it... the black & white scheme is just rockin'! Ignition plugs... ran a batch, just waiting to get 'em back from powdercoating.

D9

Vendor
Prototype angled fork-mounted brackets & oil pressure gauge bracket...

Triton_OPGB3.jpg

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Prototype progress - flat fork nut cup/bracket... welds chased & sanded...

flat_fork_nut_cup1.jpg

flat_fork_nut_cup2.jpg

flat_fork_nut_cup3.jpg

Last edited:

sportyone

Street Tracker
IMO the new stock bracket looks like it's missing something ;)

yes, it is, the nice classic styled idiot lights, bad move IMHO

they are sort of mixing era's too much, abit of this abit of that ?
We know D9 will make something good for it, but please use a "clocks4bikes" clock if your building one in. they are a great clock and the couple who make them are just like you D9,
good, honest & only a small Mom & Dad business, who's service is second to none ! once again IMO. :headbang2:

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Prototype angled fork-mounted brackets & oil pressure gauge bracket...

Triton_OPGB3.jpg

This with mini gauges would be completely bitching. Would it interfere with the front suspension at all though, considering the caps don't go back all the way down? Esp for those of us with upgraded adjustable forks?

D9

Vendor
sportyone - already have the clock bracket prototype built & powdercoated, turned out well, will post pics soon. I've seen and heard good things about clocks4bikes, but from a sales standpoint, formotion units likely outnumber them 1000 to 1... not to say I'd be unwilling to build a model that could use a clocks4bikes clock - certainly could and probably will at some point - but for now I'm going with Formotion clocks & therms.

Texas94fs - looking into fork mounted brackets for mini gauges, gotta get the new
stock gauge designs sorted first though. For sure, the stock Bonnie (non-adustable) cap is easier to work with than an adjustable cap... I'm still experimenting with the best way to get the vintage look I'm after and still allow complete adjustability using the thruxton-type fork caps... not there yet. Fabricating fork-cap mounted instrument brackets work with non-Triumph forks... doable but then really moves into the realm of the one-off custom...

Last edited:

ivar

TT Racer
thats what I call craftsmanship...! No gay CNC billet crap :lol:
those flowing lines just flat out looks killer.
(And I wouldn't mind having those cups on my bike in the raw)

Prototype progress - flat fork nut cup/bracket... welds chased & sanded...

flat_fork_nut_cup1.jpg

D9

Vendor
Ivar, appreciate the comments... always liked the old fork-mounted cast aluminum Norton integrated bracket/cups... the stamped steel classic Triumph brackets are interesting too but not as aesthetically compelling for me as the Norton units.

Eventually producing them with a CNC or casting them in aluminum could happen... all depends on demand. Doing it the way the prototypes have been done is about as basic as it gets... a tab welded to a tube... and time consuming to finish out... so I may offer these with and
without the welds chased out.

If I'd had a CNC under roof when I started designing parts... could well have ended up with very different design solutions than what I did... certainly would've brought more possibilities into the mix. But I'm guessing most folks begin as I did... doing the best they can with what they have... or what they have access to :D

1971%2BNorton%2BCommando%2B750.jpg

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Clock bracket for the new generation of instruments, designed for Formotion clocks & therms....

clock_bracket1.jpg

clock_bracket2.jpg

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
what about mini gauge brackets like that but that angle outward from the bottom of the stock mounting positions on the triple? one coming from each 2 holes.

D9

Vendor
TX - working on exactly that for full size (stock) gauges!.. then will look at mini gauges.

Sal... I have simple cover plate to hide the stock mounting lugs, although no pics
yet... finished black PC it should pretty much disappear. Ignition relo or other instruments can work, A/F for example. Slickest way to go IMO but more work... grind off the stock bracket mounting lugs & refinish the top yoke! Way cool setup for the older generation bikes to put warning lights in the headlamp...

IMG_0038.jpg

TX... not a fork mount but an recent custom dual mini underbracket... photo courtesy of Christian Ciarlo - Italy
IMG_1538.jpg

Last edited: