The Mini Bike cRaZiEs

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Guys, how much fun would one of those be on ATV trails? Granted the suspension is non-existent, but I'm just thinking about poking about on the back 40.
GREG

P.S. Moving to Ellijay, GA in February (if not sooner.)

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
Guys, how much fun would one of those be on ATV trails? Granted the suspension isn't much, but I'm just thinking about poking about on the back 40.
GREG

P.S. Moving to Ellijay, GA in February (if not sooner.)

Greg,

I heard rumor you were moving to the area!

As for riding one of these on some trails - not my cup of tea. They're cool on the road - as they dont need gobs of torque to pull an adult around and if you put some bigger balloon turf tires on them, then I'm sure one would 'ok' to putter around on off road - just not ideal.

koifarm

Hooligan
Ups

BIG THANKS to Koifarm for his gracious support to my affliction. Bill sent me this old mini bike he had sitting in storage. :headbang2: It's an old MTD made Western Flyer SS300 in damn good original condition. It would have had a 3hp mill and I'll probably put one back in it.

Pretty soon, I'm gonna have a mini-bike brigade!! Muhahahahaha!

Looks good Bud, those little frames are tough! Glad you got her okay and can't wait to see the finished project!
Went over to that mini forum and it looks like you've got plenty of info on the bike as well as some spare wheels and such, one good thing about the internet is that you can now source parts world wide and find the right stuff.
Waiting for the movie version of "Mini-Bike Marauders" to come out.....:eeek:
You da man Bonifide....:worthy:

Last edited:

coopv2

Street Tracker
So I had a friend restore an old skool Ruttman mini bike for GF. .
attachment.php

Needs a D9 bracket converted to hold 2 beer cans. jmho

Bonafide

NBR founder
That's badass RB. We rode ours in the Xmas parade today. People were snappin pics left/right. Might have been the funny costumes we were wearing. If someone fwds me some pics then I'll post them up. We had a blast! One of the guys who rode my old Fox frame mini was bitten by the bug - he wants to order himself a full kit .. NOW!

koifarm

Hooligan
One can only imagine what the Dude and Mrs. Dude were looking like in the parade! Hope we can get some pics of that one!
I noticed the Ruttman has front and rear fenders like the Western Flyer I sent ya.....

Bonafide

NBR founder
Still waiting for someone to send me some pics from the parade. We had 3 mini bikes and GF on her 32' Ford go-kart.

I picked up an old running Fox frame mini a while back. It ran good even though it's 'engineered' with a bunch of screws and zip ties. The rear sprocket is so big that it'll wheelie if you whack the throttle open on it's 5hp Briggs&Stratton motor. A friend of GFs rode this one in the parade and I had been itching to pull it down and re-paint it. Yesterday seemed like a good time. Complete dis-assembly takes a matter of minutes. Now to strip all three coats of different colored paint from this thing.

Before ...

attachment.php

After ...

attachment.php

Attachments

• sil_mini.jpg
    sil_mini.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
  • sil_mini_fox.jpg
    sil_mini_fox.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0

koifarm

Hooligan
Beefy looking frame on the Fox, what was the extra shaft for behind the engine? Looked like a jack-shaft to change the gearing maybe ?

Bonafide

NBR founder
Beefy looking frame on the Fox, what was the extra shaft for behind the engine? Looked like a jack-shaft to change the gearing maybe ?

There's 2 things goin on there. One is for mounting a Jack-Shaft assembly, the other is a tire scrub-brake. I'll be removing the tire scrub assembly and instead utilize a band brake on the clutch. Easier, more effective and safer to operate.

koifarm

Hooligan
Aaahh, brake....kinda wondered what that was....for sure a bad compromise and band brakes are far better.
Dying to see pics of your mini brigade in the parade....what a hoot! Hope someone sends em along. If not imagination does a good job as well....lol...
With the amount of mini's you are collecting I'm thinking something like a carousel arrangement using minis instead of horses....now that's exciting...and you can drive with a few beers in ya....lol....

Bonafide

NBR founder
Got the frame stripped and repainted on the Fox. Decided on BLACK with some GOLD wheels color combo. Here's the frame. Still need some more time on the wheels/etc. Too much going on around here keeping me from finishing it out as quickly as I would like.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mini_fox_blk.jpg
    mini_fox_blk.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0

Bonafide

NBR founder
Back to being a roller. Get a couple more parts together and she'll be back running. Still debating on which motor to use.

attachment.php

Attachments

• blkfox2010.jpg
    blkfox2010.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 0